can you give me an advice on how to deal with this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i think i have been experiencing panic attacks...but when i went to the hospital they told me i was just hyperventilating...but now i feel like it's getting worse...my on constant racing heartbeat...i can feel may pulse in my whole body especially when I'm lying down...it feels like my body is moving because of my heartbeat...i feel really scared when it happens! i have chest pains and been having stomach painsand my back is aching...i went to the ER yesterday and they told me i might have costochondritis...no final diagnosis yet. my hands and feet are numb, muscles in my neck and most of my back are tensed...i am living in fear of having those attack again...deep breathing doesn't help much...and i can't sleep most of the time...does anyone here have the same symptoms? can you give me some advice on how to deal with this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The first time I had a panic attack was in the ER.. I had anxiety but it wasn't bad at all.. But I was under tons of stress and my heart rate went up like crazy and all the nurses ran in.. I was so scared but turns out it was a panic attack.. It happened a few times after that and I had to call the ambulance as I was scared! I don't get the panic attacks much anymore cause I've learned to deal but the anxiety yes! The more you worry the more panic you will be. Trust me I was new to this too.. And stress makes it bad! You get all types of symptoms with anxiety & stress.. Everything you are feeling I did too.. I'm still going through it right now.. I wake up anxious & depressed .. Just wanna b normal again but this site has helped me to understand.. You have to learn to deal with it... You've had an attack ok... But you are still here.. So you know it's anxiety .. Just tell yourself this over & over when you feel anxious.. And breathe.. Keep telling yourself this is anxiety.. I've had it before & it went away.. That helps me so much
    • Posted

hi nicole! it is comforting to know that someone out there understands what i am going through...the doctors didn't gave me any concrete diagnosis yet but the symptoms i am having are similar to panic attacks...i've come to this site looking for answers for what i'm feeling and it's interesting that many are having the same dreadful experiences...i wish we didn't...ive been in a lot of stress since last year...biggest changes in my life and its hard for me to believe that it was because of the stress coz i don't even think about it anymore...now, i have a constant racing heartbeat and i can feel my pulse all over my body...it makes me really afraid thinking that it might be the beginning of another attack...and its hard to think clearly when im having these symptoms..deep breathing doesn't help much...but ill try what you've said...thank you
  • Posted

I totally understand I feel the same too! My anxiety for some reason stems from the fear of a stroke or heart attack so when my head hurts or I get any tingling it just sets me off so badly! I myself have been to the hospital and just told to take painkillers for me headaches- which is not helpful to me at all because medicine gives me anxiety and I struggle to swallow pills
    • Posted

i know the feeling..i do have back and chest pains...everytime i feel chest pains, i automatically think that i might be having a heart attack and worsen the siruation...i'm not used to being sick...i've never been hospitalized before or go to the ER...but now even when im laying down in my bed...i feel every pulse and i can't sleep....my body feels weak and my hands are shaking...i feel like if i sleep feeling like this...i may not be able to wake up tomorrow

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.