Can you go through an IVF with suspected CP?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows (or has personal experience) about whether it is possible to go through an IVF, or even stay pregnant at all with CP.

My diagnosis with CP hasn't been confirmed. Doctors say my symptoms sound like it (since June this year: pain under ribs after eating, in the back at night, wieght loss, tiredness), but the imaging and blood results show nothing.

However, my husband and I have been TTC for over a year and signed up to the IVF programme before my symptoms started. We really want a child, so I was wondering if anyone knows of it is hardly unrecommended or still possible?

Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As far as I know yes it is possible. I am 40 my son is 11 it took 10 years of natural TTC but it finally happened. Though the last 6 years have been very hard with multiple surgeries and constant illness. I would still do it all over again. I call him my precious diamond. He gives me a reason to keep fighting. I wish you the best. It may get harder but believe me so so worth all I have been through! I can't have any more and that's OK . He is our special gift. I wish you lots of luck and baby dust!
    • Posted

Hi Manda, thank you for your encouragement. It is nice to hear an example of successfull pregnancy with CP. I am mostly concerned about all the hormones they give you for an IVF and the effect it can have on the symptoms/illness.
    • Posted

I can truly understand that. I won't lie I had natural birth but was very sick lost a lot of weight. My boy though healthy and that made it all worth it. Make sure you talk to your Dr about all your concerns and hopefully that will put your mind at ease. I truly do wish you the best. Eating right really helped me.
    • Posted

Hi Manda,

Have you been using Creon during pregnancy? I just undergone an IVF, but I'm reading contradictory info about the safety of Creon during pregnancy, so I'm worried.

Thanks for replying! :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.