Can you guys tell me if this is Anxiety or Panic Attack?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been under a lot of stress from thinking about my future after college and whether I would get a job or not, as my final year is coming to an end. I started feeling nauseaous and dizzy after one spat with my boss in my part time job. And I think that triggered what I assume is a panic attack. After that the upcoming 2 weeks I've felt nauseous and sometimes when I go out and walk among people I feel panic for no reason and hyperventilate and feel dizzy. Like today I felt like passing out. 

It got worse today I think, because I started worrying about flying back home. I kept think that being in a small enclosed space in a plane would make me feel even worse and go crazy or hyperventilate until I pass out, or vomit. I have been obsessing over this the whole day. I feel worse and worse. 

I need help identifying whether this is what I think it is? sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had anxiety for many years. A panic attack, for me, starts before I wake up. I just feel shakey and possibly my heart beets a little faster. My panic attacks were doe to life expeiences over the past 10 years and I do take Paroxitine 30 mgs twice a day. Also what works when I get nervious or not being able to speak clearly I started to increase Melatonin tablets. The melatonin I used to use when I waws flying out every other week. It changed one' sleep cycle.

Now get the panic attack during the day, even when I visit some friends at the local sheriff's department, when I  present a new idea, I go into a panic mode. I use during the day, depending when they occur around 50 mgs. It takes about 1 hour to normalize. I take 100 mgs at night with another medication to stay asleep at night.

It is normal to have a probably a slight panic attack when having a problem with your boss, but take it as a learning experience. As for me, when I worked in Mexico City, at a tire company, my boss was the Plant manager from Venezuela. He was explosive. When we gather around a green metal table to revied the tire defects and when the numbers were 15 or more, he wold probe to find out who was guilty party. His voice would go up to atleast 105 decibles! It was worse whe no one could explain the reason for some defects. Included was myself, plant engineer, the production manager (was a friend of the plant Manager) and the technical department. Finally after several years the prodction manager quit because of the constant abuse.

I am in litigation, and when I enter the court room my mouth will become dry. For this I started to use vegable Glycerine oil mixed with water and Rosemary oil.

As to flying, well I did have problems when I was in Graduate school. One day a very deear friend of mine gave me a ride to Las Vegas. On the plane were my two friends who were e\seasoned pilots and another friend of theirs. It had 6 seats and I was in the back. Were were flying between and below the mountain tops and theplane would go every which way. The I noticed the the were sipping Chamaign at the same time. Then I just stopped being afraid of flying.

Just remember The probability of a accident is when the plane gets off the ground and Lands.  Othewise struct\uraly it is built to drop suddenly 20,000 feet easily. alway make sure that you have your seat belt on in case of sudden turbulance which is normal. Sometimes when plane is ahead of your plane, andiot experiences turgbujlance, the pilot will relay the info the the nearest tower which will pas it on tho you plane's pilot.  This also a time to take 50 mgs of Melatonin to settle your nerves.

• Posted

It certainly sounds like a panic attack. Go to the go to get it confirm but all those symptoms sound like anxiety.

When in the middle of these episodes try very hard to slow down and concentrate on your breaths.

Good luck x

• Posted

Your parttime job is important to you. You know this. You may need to up your hours for livable income. You may need references. Have blood and urine tests done.
  • Posted

It sounds like a panic attack, this is what happens to me, i recently started feeling like i had anxiety which makes me feel nervous and jittery inside, these panic attacks are scary arent they!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.