Can you have a mild case of shingles just on forehead and scalp

Posted , 8 users are following.

ive been to doctor and he said I had bites of some sort but I’m not sure. Went to ask chemist and he said you can’t get shingles just on forehead and the rash is small and the blister are small the ones I can see but my eye aches and I keep getting stabbing pains in my ear all left side. I just want to know.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The. Chemist is a moron. The doctor should have their license taken away.

you must seek help RIGHT THIS MINUTE

or your eyesight will be compromised.

yes you have shingles 

in the same terrible location as myself and others on this list.

when are you going to an emergency room

Do it now.

let us know what happens

Lisa

you need antivirals immediately 

You could also be contagious if the blisters are active

• Posted

It is priority you see  an ophthalmologist MD right away to determine if you have signs of opthalmic shingles. If you do, you need to get antivirals for your eyes and such Rx as valacyclovir. Time is of essence for you to have an immediate diagnosis to see if you have or getting the shingles (ophthalmic). Best of success, hope things go well for you.
  • Posted

I had similar in January on RHS.Stabbing pains in my jaw too.My GP told me to go to the dentist!By the time I sought a second opinion it was too late to take anti virals so make sure you act quickl.My eye was OK .Good luck
  • Posted

Delma,

As everything is on one side, the rash, the eye and ear pain, it is Shingles.

Does the rash look like vesicle-blisters on your scalp?

Do you feel run down like your getting the flu, ie aches and pains, fatigue and exhaustion, maybe some low grade chills and sweating, swollen lymph nodes, photophobia?

Go to an urgent care NOW or A&E NOW and insist that this is shingles, and get on either Famciclovir 500mg 3x daily for 10 days, easiest to swallow, Best or Valcyclovir 1000 mg 3x daily for 10 days.Better. Do not get Acyclovir as there is resistance to this medication.

The doctors you have seen are abysmally ignorant. Of course, you can have the rash only on your scalp, at first. The rash comes in crops or waves. Sometimes you don't even have a rash, just the horrible pain.

You may need to see an Ophthalmologist STAT if your eye gets red, swollen, scratchy feeling, or has lesions or your vision feels impaired. This is an EYE EMERGENCY!

The head is innervated by the Trigeminal Nerve.

Please let me know how you make out. You will also need some Opioids as the pain only gets worse. I have had recurrent shingles in my eye and ear every 3-5 weeks for the past 21 years..

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana an NP in the States

• Posted

Thanks everyone have been to docs it is shingles but to late to get anti viral cream so just on pain killers and observation. I’d like to thank you all for taking the trouble to answer me was starting to think I was crazy. Hopefully clear up by itself soon
    • Posted

Same as happened to me.You may find that you are unnaturally tired for a few weeks.

Good luck

Barbara

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.