Can you have an overactive bladder one day and then be fine the next?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Some days I'll have to rush to the bathroom and still won't make it in time only to urinate the tiniest bit. This can happen from every 5-10 minutes to twice an hour. Other days, however, my bladder will be perfectly fine. Can this still be caused by an overactive bladder?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes - Its sounds like you have an overactive bladder.

Have you seen anyone about this?

• Posted

I can relate, it happens to me too. Yes the cause could be OB, for me the worst days are due a mix of factors like cold, liquid retention, weaker pelvic floor,...

It's for the OB mainly and other causes make a difference.

• Posted

Absolutely. It's unpredictable and crazy-making. I'm about to have the interstim "test" device inserted. Have any of you done it, know about it, etc?

• Posted

Yes, yes, yes, exactly.

"How did I sit through an entire movie without having to go, then came home and at the last minute I didn't make it all the way to the potty? WTF!"

You are not alone, Isabella.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.