Can you have asthma unresponsive to rescue inhaler?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I feel like I have all the symptoms of asthma. The only thing is that the blue rescue inhaler/puffer doesn't seem to help. I get very short of breath and panicky after exercise, like I can't get enough air into my lungs. Last night, I even woke up at 4am unable to breathe. I took my puffer, but it did nothing. The only thing I can do is wait for 20-30 minutes, and then usually the shortness of breath gets better. The breathing issues are always there, but more mild. When I exercise it gets worse. I feel like I have some rare type of asthma that doesn't respond to inhalers, and I have to live this awful life forever. I'm sad as this is going on for 6 weeks, and right before my husband and I started trying for a baby. I'm 36, and feel like because of this stupid condition, I can't even get pregnant. My doc tells me if blue inhaler doesn't help, it can't be asthma. Please help 😦

Does blue rescue inhaler not work for everyone? What does it feel like when it does work?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.