Can you have shingles on your vulva?

Posted , 2 users are following.

can you have shingles on your vulva

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

mabe herpes its rare to get shingles on the vagina

• Posted

i just got tested and hsv2 came out positive. the rate was 1.9 everything else is negative. does that mean i have the herpe virus in private area?

• Posted

its very possible if u have had sores /blisters there yes

• Posted

its still quite low but it is positive mabe u should retest in a couple of months to see if those values increase

• Posted

did u get any sores ??

• Posted

it looks like i have white patches around my vulva area. the doctor gave me acyclovir for the treatment to help maintain the spread. thinking of getting retested next month.

• Posted

ah it dosnt sound like herpes as it dosnt normally cause a white patch its usually sores /blisters /cracked skin

• Posted

i showed the doctor my picture of my vulva and i had shingles on my left bottom butt. according to her its herpes around my vulva. its like rough white rough skin when i touched it there. she did swab my shingles and i got the results of the chicken pox virus.

• Posted

very strange as white skin is usually a skin issue and not herpes

• Posted

• Posted

u should retest

• Posted

how long did it take to heal has it gone

• Posted

eversince the doctor gave me meds, it took about 10days exact for it to heal. now its gone. my vulva doesnt feel rough at all. can it be like a irratated skin ?

• Posted

i really hope that it is. my doctor must of assume its herpes. but the white skin went away though. i want to get tested again but im scared that ill still he positive for hsv 2

• Posted

The only thing u can do is retest and see wat the outcome is the result u had the first time was quite a low try again in a couple of months i guess its the only way to be sure

• Posted

i could try another test next month. i just hope its not really herpes because im really going through a depression. i hope its just fungal infection take made the test positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.