Can you have sore throat without having oral sex ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello ,

i have had sex with a girl that i know in the university and i did big mistake by doing it without condom also i knew that girl had sex with few people before , i experienced symptoms which comes and goes like painfull urination little pain in my testicles , sore throat 2 days after that im gonna do test on sunday my main question is can i have sore throat without having oral sex ?

also this is the first time im gonna do the test so if i want to check for all of the stds can one test show all result or how does it work !?

im too worried and i know some of the symtmps maybe on my mind only

thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes you can have a sore throat without having oral sex, if your still having painful urination then go see a medical professional , you need to be seen when you have symptoms to understand why and there are different ways of testing they will explain that when you're face to face.

best wishes, update the discussion when you have the spoken to a doctor.

• Posted

thanks for the reply ,is it common for people to have an std ? is it that bad ? sorry but im bit overwhelmed

• Posted

Get tested to rule out STDs.

STDs are common and can be treated so don't worry.

• Posted

update : i went to the doctor he prescribed me meds and did i asked for test he said after i complete the medication (20 days )

• Posted

We can carry stds in our throats . She may just have a yeast infection and its irritating you . Your symtoms if std related sound like the kinds that could be cured . Make sure to get your throat swabbed also because you could have something there that wont show up in your genital testing . GOOD LUCK UPDATE US PLEASE .

• Posted

hello sorry for late update but after taking the meds for 8 days in row ( doc prescribed them for 10 days but it was hard for me it effect my nervous system ) here im while i took them the symptoms went away in 3 days and after stopping i feel like im 90 % cured maybe the 10 is just in my mind im not having throat sore any more sometimes bit urine pain but its so mild that why i think it Just in my mind but after i started the meds u gave me itching on all my body i thought it would go after stoppy the meds but it did not it been 10 days with no med so what fo u guys think

• Posted

help any idea im back to same problem

• Posted

no but im going to.. just wondering what can he do prescribe another meds? as this meds cured me only while i was taking them am i in bad situation?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.