Can you help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone,I haven't been on the forum for a while but I would like to ask if this has ever happened to anyone else. I started on venlafaxine in April and was gradually put up to 187.5 mg, after being on this for a few weeks I still didn't feel right although I didn't feel as depressed. I got an appointment to see a psychiatrist and she upped my dose to 225mg XL . The next 2 weeks I felt great, no lump in my throat or stomach and no anxiety, I have also been doing a form of CBT called Meta Therapy which does help, but for the last 3/4 days I feel like I am slipping backwards, waking up with the dreaded lumps again and feeling a bit tearful, is this just a bump in the road? and has anyone else gone through this? Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading, any input would be greatly appreciated xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Trina,

There's lots of bumps in the Venlafaxine road! Try not to worry too much, the hardest thing about recovering from a depressive illness is the ups and downs and the time it takes. It's a vicious cycle, you feel a little more down than you did the day before, that worries and depresses you because you start to think the meds aren't working, so you feel worse, and so it goes. It's normal, the worst thing you could do in my opinion would be to give up on it. Things will improve, and the harder you work to convince yourself that they will, the sooner that will happen. I was on 150 mg XL until recently, doing fine and then had a relapse, thought the meds were losing effect - but on the up again now, thankfully. Stay with it and just tough it out - you'll get there!

Stay strong,

Mike

• Posted

Thank you for replying, your right of course coz that is exactly whats happening, its just good getting reassured from someone going through the same thing, thank you 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.