Can you loose the ability to burp ? - Acid Reflux Patient

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can you loose the ability to burp or relax the lower esophageal sphincter with time ?, i have acid reflux for a long time but since a few months ago i can't burp at will, and is easy to notice because when it happens it's really easy to me takes no work, but in other ocasions it does not matter what i do relax or no relax i just can't and it happens in a really strange way, one i can put out and the next i can't and it's really as mathematical as it sounds so is this my head ? cause it really takes no effort for me to burp but at the next one no matter what i do i just can't and i burp all the time eating or not eating because of my condition.

thank you

Please help me with anything you got

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yes , if you have a hital hernia or loose LES. Dr Farid Gharagozloo in Orlando Florida can help you. He repairs the LES

• Posted

everywhere i read about loose LES it says that if you have one like that it's easier for you to belch rather than when you have that special surgerie you're most likely not be able to burp, do you have some insight in that ?

• Posted

if you do the nissen fundoplication then you can't belch or vomit. But with esophageal valvuloplasty you can do both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.