Can you recommend a facial wash?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone recommend a good facial wash (not too expensive) for rosacea affected skin, please?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cheetah,  I usually use the gel from the La Roche Posay Rosaliac range which lasts quite a long time, as I don't use any wash in the morning just cool water on my face.  When it is colder and I wear more make-up I've gone back to using the Kinvara oil cleanser, which cleanses beautifully and leaves skin very soft.  Hope this helps,  Stefania

• Posted

Thanks Stefania.  I've just ordered the La Roche Posay Rosaliac wash.  I've never heard of Kinvara oil cleanser, so will definitely look into that.  

I didn't think my skin was too bad, but I was diagnosed with ocular rosacea last week and, although I was wearing make-up, the consultant could tell that I had rosacea.  It made me realise that I don't really take great care of my skin, so this is my new resolution!

• Posted

Hi Cheetah,  Kinvara is an Irish all natural skincare brand.  I was using all their products until my Rosacea broke out and then I couldn't use them any more - perhaps because especially the serum is very scented.  But I can use the oil cleanser again.  One tip when using the Rosaliac gel cleanser: I keep mine in the fridge so that it is nice and cooling when I use it!  Enjoy and hope your Rosacea improves.

• Posted

My dermatologist has me using Dove bar soap, it has made a big difference in 2 weeks time
  • Posted

I recently started using Clinique cleanser which has been good but I also had good results with Nivea. La roche posay is also a great range
  • Posted

I was able to get my rosacea under control by using Honeyskin face and body wash then apply alovera (the actual plant) to affected area then apply Honeyskin face and body cream. After 11 months of breakouts, my face is clear. 
  • Posted

I use the Dove unperfumed  bar  too.   Have tried other things but will invariably break out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.