can you remove two ovarian cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi can any 1 pls let me kniw if a person can have a cyst remove 2 in 3months. what happend was my wife had an opperation in april ,thy removed a cyst of 7.5cm it took a while for her to recover but the doc cleared her. last week monday july she went to see a doctor ,she had a nother scan done after complaing of pains the scan came back and showed a cyst of 6.5cm how is that possible need advice as we are scared what the complications could be if had to be removed so soon,

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Functional cysts are very common in women and they keep returning unless the ovaries are removed which is called an oopherectomy. Some cysts come and go on their own whilst others need treatment. I would talk to the obs and gynae dept about alternative treatments to surgery. Keyhole procedures are less invasive for small cysts like your wife has and the recovery time is less. Definitely ask the professionals.
  • Posted

hi i had a dermoid cyst tumor and both ovaries removed last march 13,i am now in pain in the same place await scan,i will let you know the outcome,but get on the your docs tc mags biggrin)))
  • Posted

thx alexandra936 and margaret i will do that. we did go to the gynae yesterday still little confused thou. she told us the cyst is again on the right side and had the lab results from the 1st doc in , 90 x 35mm was the last 1. is that 7cm coz she said it is 7mm. also the injection he had her on was zoladex that is used to keep the cyst small and its not when it has been removed ??? why then put her on it

• Posted

hi again i dont know why they gave her that,,all i can say is you have to keep on at them phone surgeons sec ,keep on as they will just let you suffer,with the help of my gp and me constinct phoning them is how i got my op done,good luck mags biggrin)))))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.