can you share your first experience sign or flare from ra?

Posted , 11 users are following.

hello, i would like to know and for those who are not yet sure or has not yet been diagnosed about your first sign or first flare from ra. it might help others to compare it and ask there gp or rheumatologist about their conditions. thanks to those who are willing to share

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi mark,

I recently been diagnosed with ra. I have had it probably alittle over 6 months. It started after a nasal surgery. I just had alot of dryness and really wasn't feeling well or healing properly. I was unsure if it was a side affect to the surgery. I seeked the help of a Rheumotologist and was put on meds because they thought I had Sjogrens which sometime may go side by side with ra. It wasn't until a week later after the meds that the swelling and pain on my fingers kicked in. My wrists and angles started to hurt and i literally was rolling out of bed. It was definitely worse in the morning and sometimes at night. Anytime i wasn't in constant movement. It hurt so bad i couldn't even pull the covers over me while in bed. I recently got off the meds to see if i do have ra but will be back on them tomorrow as these last 3 days have been alittle off for me. To be honest i hate to be on meds and try to keep positive by doing the things Im used to. I am faithful that my condition will improve with alittle patience. Still not use to this. Thats my story, hope it helps. Take care and God bless.

• Posted

thanks for sharing, i think we have almost similar symtoms except that my wrist is still fine but with minor pain have you tried checking for your blood uric? as sometimes gout mimics the symtoms of ra
  • Posted

Hi Mark,

My Rheumy ran so much bloodwork that i actually had 28 tubes of blood drawn in one shot. Im not completely sure what ge tested for but will ask about gout. Does it run in the family because my maternal aunt has gout but she is 83. Im sure age doesn't matter though. If i were you, i would read up on anti inflammatory food to help you along before seeing your doctor. Stay off all sugar. Best of luck.

• Posted

yup it runs in the family plus gout flare also comes after an injury in your case your operation. my friend who is diagnosed with gout ones step on a nail and gout flare after 5 days. not that sure about your case but it is quite similar as both his handa and ankle was inflamed and he could not even lift a spoon. dont be afraid to ask your doctor as it wont hurt you to know more about your condition. ra and gout can almost be interchangeable as the symtoms is almost similar.

but the treatment and cause is different. also by taking mtx supress your auto immune systems does also cures the inflamation whether gout or ra. but the root cause in gout and ra is different.

• Posted

in my case my doctor is almost 80% sure its gout but ra is not out of the question as i have not yet undergone diagnosis for ra scheduled 2 months from now after my uric acid lowering treatment. 1 and a half month ago i went on a monk diet which removes all like meat, sugar, lentils, bread, alcohol. but still my uric is high not change one bit which proves that iam over producer. meaning i dont get my uric from food but my body creates it on its own.

its hard to diagnose which arthritis you have as there is 100 types. and not all test proves one from the other you might get negative or positive result which is not 100% conclusive.

iam not a medical profesional but my sister is and she sometimes educate me to help me and i want to share what iam learning to also help others in their condition

• Posted

Thanks mark,

Will discuss it in my next appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.