Can you start the menopause at the age of 35.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there.

I am 35 years old, & for the last few months have had hot flushes in the night. My body feels totally wet through, including the bed. I know it sounds disgusting !. I have been thinking that maybe its the early stages of the Menopause.

Does anyone know ?

Rictina

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rictina,

Yes u can take an early menopause. Doctors often dismiss it when ur below the \"common\" age for it.

If I was u, Id mae an appt with my GP for bloods to be taken (they check for hormone levels which can be indicative of menopause.

However, if nothing shows in ur bloods, u may be experiencing what is referred to as peri-menopause. This is a kind of transitional phase.

\"Many women experience a transition phase prior to menopause. This transition phase is called pre or peri-menopause. This is when a woman may start to notice her body beginning to change. During the period, a woman's body begins to slow its production of the female hormone oestrogen. This change in hormone levels can cause weight gain, irregular periods, hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, and decreased libido. In fact, recent studies have found for every two pounds of weight gained during menopause, the risk of high blood pressure increases by as much as five percent. Some women also experience aches and pains, mood swings, anxiety and insomnia (difficulty sleeping). These uncomfortable symptoms while benign in nature, can lead to serious quality of life issues. This reduced quality of life is the primary reason women seek out solutions. \"

Ive copied this little quote from an article I read recently ( Ive been experiencing similar symptoms to yourself (except the sweats) for a couple of years now. Im 42 and 3/4.... :lol: )

Take Care

Lindy..x

• Posted

Hi Lindy.

Thats for all the info, it was very informative.

Today, I have been to my GP, & like you said she took some bloods. So I`ll just have to wait and see.

Bye for now.

Rictina

• Posted

hi i am 42 and stared getting hot flushs at nite about 18mths ago,it wood wake me up at nite,ant had a good nite sleep 4 about 3yrs now as i wake up at lease 5 times a nite,lost my sex drive all together,other thgs was happening to,was convince i was going throu the menopause,as my mum stared at 40,had blood test done,and it show tht i wast going thrown menopause,,,i was livid as i wast emagin thks,the nite sweat stop at nite now but get thm dueing the day now,went to c the doc a few mths bk now and she said i am defo going throu menopause,i hve mood swing,i acha all over most day,have headacha,no sex drive,and feeling very low,over the last 18mth,my mthly became very heaver and was lasting 10days plus,well since nov i ant had a period,but still getting the pains,been married 4 25yrs now and feel 4 my husband big times as ive been a bitch to him sad i dont no weather i am comein or going any more,feel very loss sad
    • Posted

Hi Nannyjoanne, I was just wondering how you are doing? I know its 6 years since you posted but I am having similar and no answers.
    • Posted

Hi! I'm in the same boat! 42 years old and with all these awful symptoms! My only solution was hrt! I just cannot go on my life facing all these difficulties...how are you?

• Posted

Hi Vicki, may I ask how the hrt is going? How long did it take before you got hrt? I'm only 35 going on 36 in May and I have been suffering for almost 3 years now. I have had so many tests and I keep telling doctors I am in peri and they dont believe me. I really want to try hrt but I cant get them to give it to me.sad

• Posted

Hi! Sorry for feeling so bad! I was for 2 months at an absolutely nightmare! Irregular periods for 4 months, night sweats, body aches, dry mouth...I couldn't function at all, I couldn't work! I was thinking that a have lupus or something very bad. My first gyn said that it was all in my mind and to go again after 6 months! I went private to another and he said that hrt is a necessity due to my age. He made his diagnosis based on my symptoms. I felt better almost immediately. I'm on hrt 6 months now and I can feel human again. Take your health on your hands! Hope you feel better! 🌹

• Posted

Hi Vicky, thank youyou for your message. How long did it take the hrt to work on the anxiety and low moods? I'm having lots of trouble getting a doctor to listen. My age is what is making then say no. I've knocked on lots of doors. Its just so frustrating. I've been given the birth control pill so I'm trying that and I must go back to my own gp after 3 months. I hope my own go will hear me out. I dont want to go down anti depressants route. I tried anxiety medication and they made me worse so its either I continue miserable until my hormones show something more in tests or I try the bc pill. Its a low dose one so it may not help my symptoms much. I just miss me.

• Posted

Hi! Hope you feel better soon! I felt better on hrt after 3 weeks and have more energy. My gyn did not help me at all saying that I'm too young blah blah blah... I was devastated and lost! I spent a lot of time and energy to find an informed one! It's very disappointing to feel helpless and alone. I'm on seq type HRT and more stable emotionally now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.