can you take Fluoxetine in two doses?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. I cant seem to find the right time of day to take my Fluoxetine, Doctor put me on 40mg about 2 months ago, was taking it in the morning, but by late afternoon i was getting very sick and throwing up all evening. So i stopped and started taking 20mg in morning and was not getting sick. but i emotionaly felt better on the 40mg, so was wondering could i maybe take 20mg in the morning and 20mg in evening?

Would value any advice. Thanks G x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I don’t see why you can’t split your dose? You’d still be getting the benefit of the full 40mg.

Always best to check with your doctor though as he also needs to know they were making you sick.

• Posted

Hi gordon I agree with katecogs, read the information for the user it will help with all your doubts.

John

• Posted

hi gordon i take 20mg of prozac [fluoxetine] in the morning around 9am and take 20mg around 2 pm i dont really know whether its any better that way or not when i ask my gp she said it was up to me how i take it.ihave felt quite sick today but it can give you sick feeling till your body gets used to it apparently.ive only been on 40mg just over a week was on 20 mg for 3 weeks before that .i was on prozac for a few years till a year ago but i dont remember the sickness last time.im finding it hard to get on an even keel with the tabletsonly had a couple of not bad days but the rest have been horrendas hpoe they start to have an effect soon the powers that be dont understand how we are feelinghaving not suffered with depression and angxiety.hope this helps keep in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.