can you take ibuprofen with budesonide (Entocort)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Leaflet info says not to take ibuprofen with budesonide together, but at times when joint pain is to bad it is tempting.

Has any body got any experience of taking ibuprofen with budesonide at the same time?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I'm sorry you are having such bad joint pain I get it too in addition to having crohn's probable microscopic colitis and functional gut disorder I have arthritis in both knees and I think coming into other joints...

However please see your gp for review regarding pain management as its is not advised to take anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen when you have inflammatory bowel disease. They are known to cause flareups.

I used to to ibuprofen yrs ago but couldn't and wouldn't touch it now as it used to cause dreadful pain and diarrhoea when my crohn's started.

I use solpadol from the gp or tramadol for my abdo and joint pain, using heat methods helps me too or some arnica gel rubbed in regularly can be as affective as ibuprofen gel.

I also take budesonide and find I get more joint pain when on it so could be a side effect.

Hope I've helped a bit.

Take care

• Posted

Hello Cyberfruits,

Ibuprofen is a no-no with any inflammatory bowel disease. When pain is really bad. I use co-codamol regularly as well as heat application and RENS machine.

I would suggest seeing ur doctor for pain management.

All the best.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.