Can you take paracetamol while taking sertraline and propranolol ????

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am taking sertraline 50mg at night just before bed and propranolol 40mg twice a day morning and tea time, but I have the flu and know I can't take cold/flu medication so just wondered if it is safe to take paracetamol and if ther are interactions with all the medication.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You can't take ibuprofen but not sure on anything else.
  • Posted

Pharmacist should be able to answer your question.
  • Posted

Hi been taking sertraline 100mg daily for about a year . taking paracetamol seems to be OK for me

Maybe worth a try

• Posted

Thanx for the reply jcee, I looked on NHs and says paracetamol is ok but not ibuprofen or aspirinaspirin
  • Posted

Paracetamol is considered the safest painkiller in terms of interactions to other medication. As others noted Ibuprofen and Aspirin shouldn't be taken whilst on sertraline. It's always best to double check with a pharmacist if you are taking any medication so they can check interactions.
  • Posted

Hi,

yes you can take paracetamol fine. Avoid aspirin and ibuprofen, as others have posted.

(from a pharmacist!)

• Posted

Hi Sarah, thanks for reply. I have flu at the mo and I'm so funny about mixing meds. I'm on sertraline 50mg, propranolol 40mg x3 a day and just wondered if I can have halls lockets ( cough lozenges) to ease my chest, also I have now been on sertraline 50mg for 4 weeks 1 day and for the past few days my anxiety has come back, not as bad as before but it's there, can I take rescue remedy ( the one with no alcohol in) x
    • Posted

Hi, yes the alcohol-free rescue remedy and lockets would be ok. Hate the flu! 
  • Posted

Hi, yes the alcohol-free rescue remedy and lockets would be ok. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.