Can you tell me what sickness I had and how it almost killed me?

Posted , 1 user is following.

When I was about thirteen years old I was out with my friends on the street playing like normal. It was the summer and I live in a fairly cool climate. It wasn't too hot out. I had felt completely normal the entire day and had not been sick in any way for some time.

Out of nowhere I suddenly felt like my body weight tripled and I started to feel really unable to focus. I told my friends I wasn't feeling well and went home. I went from normal to a sack of bricks in about one solid minute. It was in no way gradual. I got home and managed to make it to the third floor of my house and immediately fell on my back on my sister's bed. I passed out on the spot. I woke up just about a full twenty-four hours later completely immobilized. like I would not have been able to read the time and date on my sisters cd player if my head hadn't fallen in that direction on its own kind of immobilized. I tried to lift my head, it would not move. Tried to wiggle my fingers. No luck. I thought I was paralyzed. I couldn't talk I couldn't do anything. So I passed out again. I woke up another full twenty-four hours later. No food or water in two days. I had regained some mobility. I could lift my arms slightly and move my head around but could not lift myself up. There was nobody home for days and I couldn't reach any phones so I fell asleep again. I don't know how long I slept the third time because all I can remember when I woke up is that I was desperately thirsty and I hadn't had any water in a while and I thought I was going to die if I fell asleep again. I had enough strength now to get myself to fall off the side of the bed. I could not get up and walk so I dragged myself to the bathroom and got myself up over the side of the tub and turned the water on and drank as much water as I could. I turned the water off, managed to get myself back into the bed somehow and fell asleep again. I slept about 4 days in total. Three(ish) with no water. When I finally woke up again I was able to get up and I immediately drank more water and ate as much as I could. After that I was fine. I never experienced any other symptoms. No trouble breathing. No sore throat. No cough. No nausea. Nothing else aside from what I described. I'm thirty-four now and I've not before or since experienced anything like this. I was a big kid but I was relatively healthy and a totally capable human being.

What the hell happened to me?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.