Can zetia do this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

In February, in an attempt to further lower my cholesterol, my Dr increased my Pravastatin to 40 (I'd started at 20), and added zetia. 6 weeks later I started experiencing stomach pain, indigestion, pale colored stools, increased bruising, and increased aches and pains. Liver blood tests are normal as was an ultrasound, but the daily stomach issues are really bothering me. Since I've taken Pravastatin for nearly 5 years, I'm thinking it's the Zetia and wondering if I should discontinue it before something else happens. Comments please.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You need to speak to your doctor as these are known side effects of Zetia, in particular when they are taken with a statin.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.