Canadian study on osteoporosis therapies

Posted , 7 users are following.

http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/jeph/2012/354151.pdf

This is an interesting study on improved bone density with micronutrients. After one year the compliant participants had statistically bone densities.. 

I've discussed this with my rheumatologist who gave me the go ahead.when I took alendronate my teeth moved!

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karenjaninaz. Interesting study, is it Aledronic Acid that you take? I take  it once a week it makes me feel sick for a couple of hours after. My teeth don’t move but they have become sensitive. I’m not ready for false teeth yet☹️ It will

Be interesting if anybody else on this site know about it. Thank you 

• Posted

Margaret I could not tolerate it; my breathing was affected. I only maybe took 3 doses but my bite changed in that time. I was afraid of losing my tooth implant 😳

• Posted

Hi Karenjaninaz I thought being breathless was due to taking a Predesolone, I have started walking every day with a friend for the past 5 weeks, my fitness level has now increased and my breathing has settled as I get fitter, I have also lost 8lbs with rethinking my diet as well. I will have the conversation with my Rheumatologist about taking Aledronic acid. Take care of yourself and look after your teeth.
  • Posted

Glad the link was approved.  I've been recommending this article to people for a couple of years.  The study doesn't meet the most rigid criteria, but it shows without a doubt that nutrition and appropriate exercise are effective in improving bone density, as effective, it seems, as the bone meds. 

• Posted

I’m glad I can tolerate the micronutrients. Most bone  supplement formulas gave me indigestion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.