cance phobia health anxiety HELP!!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone I am new to this site and I need help I am 23 and I have 3 children ever since having them my health anxiety is ruining my life I can't stop it I constantly search Google for cancer symptoms at the moment I am convinced I have cervical cancer and I'm going to die of it I have seen a doctor who is a ending me for a sexual health screening and to check my coil I have been bleeding and I have recently got an aching leg and back witch are symptoms I'm not sure if my anxiety is doing it to me tho I feel sick to my stomach the thought of leaving my kids my nan died of stomach cancer in her 50s maybe that is why I'm like this I'm driving my family insane I feel like I need constant reassrance no one understands me my swabs are being done Monday I am so scared it feels like a lifetime away I cannot cope with this my doctor said I am too young for a smear test, if all my tests come back negative then what do I do? What if the cancer is spreading and the doctrs are not helping me :'(

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

The whole point about health anxiety isnt that you need reassurance for physical problems that don't exist,you need treatment for anxiety. Googling for health issues will just drive you mad,you know your fine and so do the drs. Ask for some Psychotherapy and leave Google alone. The choice really us yours now, you have to make that step. Don't ask for physical reassurance anymore,you know it doesn't work, it never will. Do it for yourself, stop, and stop now
    • Posted

Hi

I agree with lynne - dont listen to bad tings on here. Do what you feel is best. Things are not that straight forward. If you think you need to get tested for things then go ahead if it settles you. be strong and chin up.

• Posted

Oh sweet Im so sorry you are suffering so much.

I lot of the symptoms do point to anxiety and there are 100's of anxiety symptoms just when you get rid of one another comes along it sucks.

If your not happy insist to your doc for a referral to a gynecologist.

Stay strong I know how difficult anxiety is and I dont have three little ones.

This forum is great for supportcool

• Posted

The point is she will never be happy with any answer from a doctor,its an endless cycle. The problem is a psychological one, not physical. Stop looking to physical answers when the drs have already cleared you.
    • Posted

This is my opinion this is a forum and thats the point of a forum to give an opinion and support.

I feel that with bleeding she should get it checked.

• Posted

Please dont make some peoples petty comments drive you away from the forum.

Unfortunatly there are some who think they are right all the time

stay strongconfused

• Posted

All I can say look Lauren this kind of anxiety we have comes on so many levels.I try so hard to egnore it and get on with the day but what gets me is when I get nervous and can't find words to say effects my ability to work.I put it down to being a dumb blonde my only excuse ,they can laugh at me I shrug it off but I know I don't want to feel this way..think what your doing is your panicking sometimes it comes out of no where but I need also to know I'm not going insane.. X
  • Posted

Hi Lauren

Ditto on every point! I've had health anxiety for 2 years, I'm a Googler and it's a nightmare it's like an itch you have to scratch.

Deffo see your gp and get checked out hopefully that will reassure you over that point but look into CBT that has really helped me to calm down and be more rational. I have thought I've everything from ms to cancer to a heart attack!

I'm terrified of leaving my children, if you'd like to talk more send me a message.

Hang on in there xx

• Posted

Okay listen there is something called the power of the spoken word. Repetitional thoughts and negative words are the worst thing you can possibly do for the health to your body and mind. Cancer research prooves over and over  is a positive attitude and self love that yields remission, i say that because what you are doing with these ocd thoughts will make you sick. you dont have cancer, it's a fear an obssession right now and its imperitive you stop that thought. It is a lot easier then you think because the ramifications of these negative, hypnotic thoughts is the loss of a very happy life and healthy body. You have NO control over the day God calls you home, so do not waste it propheizing your demise. You are hurting yourself, force focus on gratitude and visualizing yourself happy and functional and healthy. Every single time you get one negative thought immediately say something you have gratiitude for and one thing that is reverse of your negative thought. You must undo and retrain this  thought. Your mind will begin to validate anything you constantly feed it. Negative or positive.If you can not shake these thoughts see you gp or doctor and they have medicine to break ocd thoughts. You can eat a healthy diet, enjoy your children and find anything that makes you laugh and feel happiness that will change your life to a much better place. Dont assume because a family member had cancer you will too, every person has someone. Your lifestyle and life and mental health is not the same as hers was.by now im assuming you already have been to a gyn and doctor to get checked so release this obsession.if you cant stop the thought ask your doctor for help. I get health anxiety but you have to understand what you are doing, with a such a negative vengence is like visualization in reverse and its a very bad idea.
  • Posted

I've read the previous replies and you need to do both! Get checked physically and mentally. You have identified both so get assessed for both . You will then be on your way to peace of mind. If swabs and tests are all clear then tell your mind to stop! Get help for your mind and be on the road to recovery X
  • Posted

do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who can help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.