Cancellation of surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was due to have a hysterectomy by open surgery tomorrow but it has been cancelled due to lack of beds. How long will I need to wait for another appointment? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That must be quite distressing for you Sarah and disappointing to say the least. Did they tell you at the hospital how long and what to expect next? Is there anyone you can contact to ask? 

Hope you find answers soon. 

• Posted

Wow that's terrible news, I am sorry to hear you have to wait.  Why is there a lack of beds?  Where are you?

• Posted

St. James' university hospital Leeds. They have said patients are given preference who have been cancelled several times. 

There's no guarantee I will get my next appointment. I can't believe how appalling the care is. The amount of planning to cover my children and work has been like a military operation. It's had a dreadful emotional impact on me today. The NHS systems are appalling. 

• Posted

Can you have the doc do the surgery at a different hospital?  That's crazy, you have to do so much planning for this type of surgery and then they just camel it.  That truly stinks.sad

• Posted

Try asking if you can have it at a different hospital with same doctor where I live in had book and chouse where I knew who I wanted to do the surgery and had it done on NHS in a private hospital two years ago

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.