Cancelled

Posted , 3 users are following.

So frustrated.  My tan was going to be today and an hour and a half before I was due to be admitted the hospital rang to say op cancelled.  There is norovirus and two wards shut.

Looks like I will now have to wait - getting so fed up bit I suppose better safe than sorry.

Gives me more time to ensure I am in best health before op.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That happened to me too. So annoying although working for NHS I can relate to how tight schedules are when things go wrong plus you don't want to be catching that when you have stomach wound! It's a pain though. I remember having agency staff brought in at work to help out. Kids babysitters covered, food all cooked up for hubby to reheat. Hubby booked leave for first few days. .... get that phone call and it's all got to be rearranged. Hope it won't take too long before you get a new date. If it's too long I think you have right to go private. Good luck!
  • Posted

Thank you.  Hopefully will find out tomorrow.  How does going private work?
    • Posted

I'm not sure but if cancelled or taking too long I think the NHS refer you themselves. It's normally the same consultant just different place. It's only what I've picked up on here not what I've experienced. 😊
  • Posted

I think it is the way one prepares for the operation.  We have had family over for the weekend as my sister in law has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, so I keep reminding myself that I am so lucky.  I have been waiting for quite a while but in the scheme of things it really is not so important.  

I would not mind but recently my stomach pain has been minimal but you can guarantee if I do not go ahead with the op I may have another 3.5 years of pain, so another month or so is nothing to wait.

People keep saying I will be a new person after the op.  Is that your experience?

• Posted

Im so sorry to hear that and it puts everything into perspective doesn't it. I have to admit its lovely having no periods but I had my ovaries removed so slapped straight into menopause so that side not so fun but I can't complain as don't get all the problems that some of the lovely ladies on here put up with. If your periods are troublesome you really will feel like new once recovered. Just take it easy
  • Posted

Thank you.  I am having tah so will go straight into menopause.  I have had terrible pelvic pain and then recently due to zoladex implant bad headaches, so here's hoping for some relief.  
    • Posted

O my zoladex is the worst. I had a 4 day migraine when I was on that and refused to have another one implanted and put up with the pelvic pain. Why are you having op. Mine was for endo. I'm definitely better than before 😊
  • Posted

I was totally gowned up amd getting into the lift to the theatre when my first attempt at planned surgery was cancelled....second attempt finally made it. Hope it all goes well for you next time. Bw's. K

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.