Cancer

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All not been on hear for long time but thought I would make you aware that having attended my second mammogram a lump was found in my right breast and with return for more screening and biopsy cancer was the result and I underwent surgery this Tuesday shown on previous pilot mammogram as small star on this screening at age 47 but given that I have fibro throughout every part of my body would not know or feel any abnormality now waiting result if lymph node removed for testing as wouldn't surprise me if everywhere and tiredness a major symptom.  Have cancer CAB advisor today as yet to inform DWP of diagnosis.  Also have been diagnosed with severe incontinence 24th of both and await apppointmt for urodymanics testing.  Kids expect to be waited on  as normal and overdoing it.

julia

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julia. Well sweetie, we are all rooting for you. I am confident that you will beat this thing. You are still young and that is in your favour. Treatments are certainly no picnic but just take one day at a time. My sister has been coping with Breast Cancer and it is looking very good and she is in her 70's.  Sounds like you are in very good hands and they are on top of things. So many today facing these types of diagnosis. But the survival rates are so much more encouraging now with all the technology and successful treatments Julia. Try to maintain your stress levels at a minimum. Worry can sap our energy and it is really is of no benefit. Trying to keep a positive outlook has a real impact on our healing process. Keep us posted as to how things are progressing. Sending you warm gentle hugs! Maggie xxx

• Posted

Poor you precious Julia...I am really feeling for you...I totally agree with magpie here, I will be praying  🙏 for you...gentle hugs from over the seas..😘😘💐 kids are kids whatever we are going through....you seem soo young too, try to keep stress free, it really will help you no end..but I know it's much easier said than done..💐💐

• Posted

Hello Julia

Sorry to hear about all your are dealing with at the moment. I hope you find the strength you need to get well. I don't know how old your children are...but are they old enough to help out more with chores etc?

Perhaps you could draw up some sort of rota...or go on strike!!

Joking aside think positive thoughts and make sure you're not overdoing things!

Good luck with everything my lovely

😊

• Posted

Sorry to hear this Julia same happened to my friend Jan 4yrs ago found a larg cluster of stars in her breast she is doing great now I won't say not to worry of course your going to but try to keep positive thoughts I find yoga helps to relax like Maggie said  one day at a time sending you peace and love Annaxx

• Posted

Hi Julia, I can only imagine what you are feeling, but I agree where possible try to alleviate the stress by using meditation there are some good ones on YouTube or even a little yoga. Sending you well wishes x
  • Posted

Julia,many hugs and prayers.As everyone is saying please stay positive

and as stress free as possible.You brought up a very good point though about having fibro throughout and being tired,it would be hard to pick up

the out of the ordinary I'm not well somethings wrong feeling when we

feel that way all the time.I hope the kids will pitch in and help as Karen

mentioned.Here is one of my favorite scriptures that I hope will

bring some comfort to you.Philippians 4:6,7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.