Cancer and HRT

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 68 and have been taking HRT  since I was 55. I had  no problems and felt great. At my dr insistance tried to come off 8 years ago. It was awful I was walking around in work with soaking hair and was really horrible to my husband. Luckily I persauded my doctoc to let me start taking them again and joy of joys I got my life back .I was diagnoses with endometrial cancer 3 years ago .Had various proceedured and everything wad okay . Last year the cancer  came back and now I have to have a full hysterectomy  next week. I dont regret taking HRT as it made life worth living.

4 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosielee. Sorry to hear you are having to deal with cancer. Hopefully the hysterectomy will be all that's needed.

Will you ever know if it was the hrt that brought the cancer on or something that would have happened anyway. It's great that you have no regrets over using it and good of you to share with us. Will you be able to continue on a hrt after the hysterectomy,

There is a great hysterectomy forum on here with lots of ladies with advice and experiences.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, stay strong. xx

• Posted

After a proceedure  end of last year I went for the results in Febuary and was told I had to come off HRT immediatlely . Iwas;nt expecting to hear that I  had to have a hysterectomy, it rather through me. I was so glad my husband came in with me. You cant take it all in at first . i keep on telling myself if you can come through bowel cancer you can deal with anything.I had an awful time with the bowel cancer .I was in hostital for 6 weeks and off work far 6 months. My husband is very supportive and keeps me laughing and I have great friends at work.My mother is 92 and has the start of dementia .At last I have persuaded her to come and live with me .So ounce I've got mysely healthy I will bring her over here in N.ireland. One thing  this has taught me you have to have a positive outlook and have plenty of laughs

• Posted

Yes it's good to have a laugh now and again. And stay positive. Lovely for you to have a supportive husband. Keep in touch on here for more support and advice from lots of lovely ladies who have been through the same as you xx

• Posted

I hope it all goes well for you, it must be a worrying time. We will never really know if we might be predisposed to cancer before hrt I had precancerous cells lasered off a couple of times when I was in my early 20's after that it seemed to settle down. And 3 years ago now age 53 a total hysterectomy including ovaries as a precaution after fibroid troubles. But I like you I believe in quality of life and I am enjoying my life thanks to hrt instead of suffering it. I could not contemplate carrying on with the debilitating symptoms of VA and the terrible mood swingings. I have less aches and pains and have a spring in my step again

• Posted

sorry to hear about the down turn in your health but like you i would rather have a good quality of life now as i have read that it could be like this for the rest of my life read that some women are on it in their 80s but at least their lives are better and maybe the risks are higher on HRT but whose to say that fate would not deal people a bad hand anyway, i know people who have had several types of cancer and none of them were on HRT  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.