Cancer at 17?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it possible to get cancer at 17 years old? (I’ve been experiencing symptoms since I was 10)

symptoms include:

Dull Ache Abdominal Pain(cramping only sometimes)

(Pain relieved by LYING DOWN)

Small Blood in Stool

Bloating (everyday)

Current Test I’ve Taken;

Blood Test - Negative

CT - Negative

CT w/ Contrast - Negative ( 1 year after)

CT - Negative (another year after)

Urine Test - Negative

amenic - Negative

So my big question is if it is possible for a 17 year old male (6”3 160 lbs) to get colon cancer? 

P.s - I am getting a H - Pylori Breathtest done this Friday.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anything is possible. But you thankfully cleared alot if those questions. And you have received all good news. So I would say positive
  • Posted

You know that cancer doesn't discriminate about age. Don't think of the worst. If you had cancer I think you would have been told that by now. You had bloodwork and scans. So just push you doctors to get more info out of them. Don't worry you will be ok.

• Posted

A 17 year old can get cancer, though I'm not really sure about colon cancer. Maybe it's happened before, but the chances are pretty rare. My brother had symptoms at your age but with anemia and weight loss. He ended up having Crohns Disease. It was diagnosed through a colonoscopy. Since the CT showed nothing, I'd say your good but you should get a colonoscopy just to be sure. At your age the most I would say you have is IBD, but it could be IBS since you have been having these symptoms for years. 

• Posted

It would be very rare and if you had it, it would have shown up on your CT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.