Cancer cells found in fibroids after surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Hope everybody is healing.I had my surgery open myomectomy 3weeks before.

Firstly i have start feeling pain on my right side anf than feelong pain during urination.Does anyone is having the same issue?

Secondly my fibroids were very big 17cm and 10cm.My doc told me that one of your fibroids may have the cancerous cells as they found it in lab.

I am so much in depression now am only 29 years and dont want to lose my uterus.

I dont know if this has ever happened to anyone.😭😭😭😭

I am lost totally!!!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi , my understanding is that fibroids sometimes do have cancer cells in the very heart of it but that does not make it cancer. Really do your research. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks julie,

They are sent for the second opinion now.

Some signs of cancerous cells have been found in my fibroid.Doctor said its very rare but it can happen 1 in 1000 women.

I am just so in depression now till the reasult from.the second lab came.

• Posted

Wishing you all the best my lovely sending love and hugs to you,lve got small fibroids but had lot of problems with them so having opp.too ,be strong l know its hard xx
    • Posted

Thanks Alllie,

I was so happy that i got rid of them and than i got this news...

Deep depression 😭😭😭

• Posted

Hi Rabia.

How was your myomectomy? Sorry you have pain. I haven't had that procedure done. I have fibroids. Oh gosh I really hope that your fibroids doesn't have cancerous cells in it. Sorry you are feeling depressed. I have been given options to treat fibroids but don't feel I have had much advice about it. Rachel.

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

My surgery went well.I was so relieved that finally i can think of being pregnant and the fibroids are gone.

But than first apt with gyn and you had this kind of news.

I am just wishing amd praying my reprts would be clear.

What options you were given?And how many fibroids?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.