cancer fears, lumps and bumps

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, i am new to this website and after some advice please,

the past year i have had all sorts of problems, i have lost 2 stone in weight, now a size 6 from a size 10(uk), over the past year i have found numerous lumps all over my body, neck groin, back leg, collar bone and even one in the back of my head, some are lymph nodes and some are not, i have had more frequent periods, extremely tired and sweating alot more, i have had blood tests today for all sorts of cancers, does this mean she suspects cancer or is wanting to just rule it out? have had numerous blood tests in the past and all fine apart from one time i had a hight white blood count which went down again a month later, the lumps are not painful unless i am poorly then they feel sensetive, i am really panicking about cancer and feel as though i am riddled with it as the lumps are everywhere, i have recently had alot of weakness and pain in my lower back where the lumps are, im 23, female and have 2 young children, any feedback would be great, thankyou

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya, just a quick update, I had my general surgery appointment last week and he felt all of my swollen lymph nodes and asked for a list of my symptoms, he said I also have them in my abdomen lots of them but am very small, he keeps saying they are all very small and non specific, he said there were 2 options, one being widespread infection and the other lymphoma, my sister asked why my bloods have not picked up infection and he said he doesn't know as any infection should show in bloods, on the other hand he said he is 90 percent sure it isn't lymphoma but he wants me to have a full biopsy of one of the lymph nodes in my groin, he also wants to perform an avdominsl ultrasound as well as the ultrasound of my groin that I have booked for the 6th December, he said the abdominal ultrasound is to see if there is any enlargement of the liver or spleen which is highly suggestive of lymphoma, I am wondering why he wants to take out the one in my groin when the largest is in my neck and that is the one that first appeared, since I posted on here last my left tonsil has become quite swollen and painful, I also have pain in my left ear and in the bit of skin that attaches my back teeth together, it's all quite swollen red and painful, so it is difficult to open my mouth properly, I have read that this could be a symptom of hodgekins which worries me too, this is also making my neck lymph node even more swollen and quite tender, has anyone else had any of this also, hopefully I will get my biopsy soon but he said it could be up to 3 months as Christmas is in between also, thanks x

• Posted

Christmas or no Christmas 3 months is too long to wait for a biopsy. Ring round the hospitals that you can get to and find out the waiting time at each hospital. Whichever is the soonest go back to your doctor and tell him that that is where you want to be referred to. Can I ask what area you live in? The other thing that you could do is go to A&E at your nearest hospital and let them have a look at you. You could get a quicker referral that way. Let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.