Cancer growth or not ?. I'm scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been battling with GERD since the onset of 2018. Taken so many medications prescribed by my doctor. The last meds made it look like I'm fine . Then late 2018 I started having this neck pain and a strange lump at one side of my neck . Went to my doctor he said. It's a lymph node. That it ain't anything to be worried about. But ever since the Lump won't go away plus my neck is so painful sometimes it affects my day to day job. Also there's this feeling of something stuck or growing on the right side of my neck opposite where the Lump is close to my collar bone and upper shoulder. It feels like something is growing. They said it's imagination. But I know its not. What should I do. Since they said if cancer is noticed early then there won't be a problem .HELP !!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to your doctor and ask for Second opinion or ask to have it scaned

• Posted

Yeah I did x- ray they said there's nothing there. But I was thinking maybe the x ray wasn't accurate .

• Posted

I agree with Gillian. When in doubt, go see a different doctor to get a second opinion as well as a scan. Your current doctor is most likely right and that it's nothing serious, but a second opinion to confirm never hurts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.