Cancer reaccurance and treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2013 and have had 2 reaccurances since then.  I am currently in treatment once again, it has been a difficult road to travel but I am still standing today.  If anyone needs any advice or prayer who has a life threatening disease feel free to contact me through this website.  I am new here and stumbled across this site, I want to be supportive to those facing cancer in the best way I can.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What a lovely lady you are, you have gone through so much and still think of others.  Bless you.
    • Posted

Thank you Christine, how are you? It took me a long time to get to this point. I know that God has us all in the palm of His hand and if it is his will for me to continue to live I will do so.  I look at it this way we win either way no matter what the result. Thanks for commenting on my post.
  • Posted

Hi Juile, I hope your treatment goes well.  Once we've had cancer we have to learn to live with uncertainty in our futures, don't we?  I have had cancer twice now: T1a kidney cancer in Jan 2014 and then I spent most of last year going through (in-situ) melanoma treatments.  Another spot has appeared on the sole of my foot, so going to see dermatology on 17th to check it out, hopefully it is nothing to worry about.  I am having to learn to take the hurdles, one at a time...  Good luck with your treatment!
    • Posted

Thank you for commenting on my post, it was nice to see there are people active on this site. I have joined other ones and noone seems to use it much.  I am praying for you as you master each challenge, never give up hope. God bless!
    • Posted

How kind of you Julie. You are in my prayers....I hope your treatment goes well. I had to have my toe amputated due to melanoma 10 years ago. I have been clear since then, albeit a few scares inbetween. I currently have a lump in my groin and due to see dermatologist on Wednesday, hopefully all benign. Keep us all updated on how your treatment is going X
  • Posted

Dear Julie & Christine, I just  the all clear on my newly appeared spot and also my hubby got the all clear on a some sun damaged skin today, turned out to be actinic keratoses, treated with cryotherapy, so both of us very relieved.  Hope you two are doing OK too!  All the best, Maja
    • Posted

Thank ou maja, I am making it through each treatment by the grace of God. My CA125 counts have come down drastically which means the treatment is working.  The last 2 chemo treatments were a little challenging but I made it through.  The biggest part that I miss is having energy to play my favorite sport tennis.  But I am sure I will be back on my feet in no time.  Thanks for your support. 
    • Posted

Glad you are hanging on in there Julie, and so glad for you your treatment is working - roll on better weather for you to enjoy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.