Height 5'10"

Diabetes mellitus type 2

High blood pressure

2 inguinal hernias

Generalized Anxiety disorder

Erectile dysfunction

Smoker

COPD

In February 2017 I began urinating more than I thought I should be. So I went in to my doctor. They did a urinalysis. The test showed I had blood in my urine (3-10hpf) They recommended I see a urologist. I went to the urologist. They did another urinalysis. A digital rectal exam. A PSA blood draw. A CT scan of my abdominal and pelvic area. Plus they did a cystoscopy. They said everything was normal and no reason found for the blood. I could be someone who just bleeds every so often. I was ok for awhile with their answers. Then doubt crept in an I started running to the doctor for everything. The urologist did find fatty liver and tiny gallstones. In the past year I've had two ct scans of my head. Several chest xrays, numerous blood draws (all normal) A year follow up with the urologist. My PSA was even lower this year and rectal exam normal. My normal doctor put me on effexor xr . With the highest dose being 150mg daily. They think I suffered from depression and anxiety. Especially considering my health. I run to them thinking I have cancer somewhere, that they have missed. Do you think they are right? Do you think they have done enough to rule out cancer? That it's all in my head? I've also been having insomnia. Could that be the effexor? My current doctor is weaning me off the effexor. Do you know a good way to wean off of it? Thanks ahead of time for your answer.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you are paranoid. Stop smoking, eat better, exercise, loose weight and your diabetes, high blood pressure, insomnia, COPD and depression will all improve.
  • Posted

John we are the same age ,I'm 160lbs ,I think your weight and Anxiety are the real problems ,

I suffered anxiety a lot too but I'm finally managing it and improving.

If you really worry about cancer and have extra cash you should do one of those full body MRI , that will put your mind at ease . And consider leeniepie good advices too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.