Candesartan 8mg and dry mouth? Anyone at all have this issue?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi!

I've been on candesartan 8mg for 5-6 months now. Initially when i started it not too many complaints.

However ever since July this summer my mouth, throat, nasal passages have become extremely dry. It is literally killing me and making me so miserable. I've been told by a few doctors that Candesartan should not dry your mouth. However on a few forums the past few days I have read about other peoples experiences on candesartan with this same issue. I guess its maybe more rare but still seems to be people out there who have had this experience. Just curious has anyone out there had these issues? Does seem strange that I could take this for so long and only months in start to develop these. But thought I better ask anyhow. Many thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The earlier forms of this type of BP treatment - Losartan in particular, were known for causing dry mouth. But Candesartan is different. Have the people you've spoken to been specific? I've been taking it for around 10 years now with no problems.

• Posted

Hi, Chris, i did not have your experience, but i did have lots of problems with losartan, another ARB, seen as very similar to Candesartan. i had many symptoms which, like yours, took a time to develop. Maybe that is the nature of some ARB side effects?

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are having problems I have used Candesartan on two occasions when my usual Valdesartan were not available First time I only experienced aching muscles, but a short time ago I had to go onto them again owing to manufacturing problems of my usual medication This time I found I experienced aching muscles, dry throat, slight coughing and slight breathing problems I definitely have put same down to Candesartan, although doubt any doctor would agree with me! Am back on my usual medication, but next time there are problems with my usual medication I will ask to try Irbesartan and see if I have better results

Hope you manage to sort your problem out.

• Posted

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write me! I appreciate it!

• Posted

If this is the case it is not the drug that causing these issues but something else. Drugs and effects usually get better over time and the body adjusts the to prescribed medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.