Candesartan Affecting Your Sex Drive / Libido?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on 8mg a day of this drug for many years and whilst it has been very effective in helping to lower my BP, my sex drive has gone completely down the pan! I can't prove conclusively that it is the drug so it would be useful to get as much feedback as possible to see if it has affected others in the same way.

I have no problem getting an erection, I just have no desire to initiate sex. I feel tired and just usually want to go to sleep at night. My poor wife is at her wits end; she usually has to initiate sex, and lately she has virtually given up on even doing that!

Please respond if you are having the same problem (or not) just to that I can go to my GP with more than just a hunch!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes it affect your sex life since i have stopped taking candesartan i have lets say been a lot more active.
  • Posted

Recently got GP to reduce my Candesartan dose to 8mgs. Before this I was going to urinate hourly and sex drive was almost zero. Now after 4 weeks on 8mg my libido has shown sign's of returning and trips to the

loo are less frequent but still frequent. I am also on Amlodepine 5mgs which I think may be causing fatigue!

My BP is within normal range though, despite the reduced dose!

• Posted

hi ive only being taken 4mg candesartan I have no sex life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.