Candesartan Cilextil so many side effects for me, help!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, I have been on Candesartan Cilextil 8mg for well over a year now and have a list of side effects. Wondered if anyone else has had any of these:

Stuffy, congested, pressurised head and ears.Tinnitus and crackly ear sounds. Severe anxiety, mild panic attacks. Heart palpitations, even when resting. Depression, lack of libido & broken sleep. Joint aches (toe, ankle, knee, hip, fingers, elbow) that move from one place to another.

I'm seeing my Dr again on Friday to discuss coming off Candesartan and trying a different drug for my hypertension (again). I have tried a few different ones over the past six years and need help. Does anyone have any good feedback or recommendations about their medication they take please?

Hoping to hear something positive soon 🤔

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get all the side effects that you do so you are not alone. All on 4mg

• Edited

Hi Wendy,

Yes, I am on 16 mg of Candasartan and 12.5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide and I have all of the symptoms that you describe. I have read that ARBs do not cause tinnitus but my ear ringing seemed to start after my Dr. put me on Candasartan and then it got worse when he raised it to 16 mg. Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.