Candesartan Leg & arm muscle pain at night being fidgety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Candesartan for 6 months now increasing the dose up to 14mg for chronic migraine but from about 7.30 at night I start getting the worst case of restless legs & arms which makes sleep impossible. Does anyone else suffer from this?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I have only been on 4mg of candesartan for just over a month and suffer with pain in my left arm , mainly my elbow , my elbow also looks quite swollen , at the moment I am only trying these as I had the same problem with Amlodophine,  but with those every joint in my body was aching and keeping me awake , so I am now trying to get another appointment to see my doctor again and change to something else. There are many tablets for blood pressure, so dont put up with it go back to your doctor like I did and insist that they change them , you cannot put up with the pain like that
    • Posted

I've just e-mailed my neurologist. I suffer with ME & Fibromyalgia so I've had to give up all my pain meds, muscle relaxants and sleeping tablets for my migraine treatment but now I am worse off in the last couple of months plus I cannot loose any weight despite a very healthy diet and gym cardio training. It's a nightmare. I see my GP tomorrow. 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that you have other problems to , you certainly do not need anything else on top of it ! I hope that you can sort something out with your Gp tomorrow . 
    • Posted

My neurologist wasn't much help so I've decided to reduce them and stop taking them at least I will know that I am unable to loose any weight even after dieting on them!!

thanks for your comments. 

• Posted

My migraines are exacerbated by every anti-hypertensive I've tried, also by progesterone supplements (Mirena coil etc) and by imbalanced testosterone and estrogen when using HRT.

Take a look at Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aka Joint Hypermobility Syndrome - migraine, fibromyalgia and M.E. are all associated with this (though joint hypermobility isn't necessarily the main feature of this illness!).

• Posted

Boy I am only on 4mg a day and I cannot copy with this amount.

I have just reduced it to 2mg and having great difficulty in writing this 

• Posted

Same advice to you Thomas see your gp and tell him they are no good , and you want them changed .
    • Posted

I have and, I don’t know I how I managed to get to the doctors. It took me 6 weeks to get to get see a doctor the mean time I spoke with the chemist as that is what I was told to do by the surgery.

The chemist told me to take a lower dose until I could get to the doctor my head was banging when I went to the surgery, I could not think and tried to explain but before I really she went ballistic why I don’t know to  this day. At the moment I just don’t feel like a person. I have a appointment at the hospital on the 22nd may I’m hoping they can help. Doctors today have for got how to be a doctor Thanks Tom

• Posted

Go to your gp and discuss it with him there are so many different groups of bp medication that you can try until you get one that suits you , this is what I am doing 
    • Posted

I have and, I don’t know I how I managed to get to the doctors. It took me 6 weeks to get to get see a doctor the mean time I spoke with the chemist as that is what I was told to do by the surgery.

The chemist told me to take a lower dose until I could get to the doctor my head was banging when I went to the surgery, I could not think and tried to explain but before I really she went ballistic why I don’t know to  this day. At the moment I just don’t feel like a person. I have a appointment at the hospital on the 22nd may I’m hoping they can help. Doctors today have for got how to be a doctor Thanks Tom

• Posted

We have decided to come down from 16mg to 8mg then stop and then start all over again with Sodium Valproate. Just hope I can survive! 😥
    • Posted

All these drugs have a lot to answer to . They are supposed to make us feel better not worse ! I hope the hospital will have a better attitude towards you to , good luck  on the 22nd . let us know how you get on .

• Posted

Thats a good idea, its trial and error I think regarding medication as they dont suit everybody unfortunately. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.