CANDESTARTAN as prenentative for.migraines

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking Candestarten for 3 weeks in the hope that they may prevent/lessen frequency of my migraines. Has anyone else had success with this drug? If so how long before they kicked in. I take Naproxen together with Triptans for the pain.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris

I was on it for about 6 months last year and it didn't make the slightest difference.

Like you I take triptans for the pain, I have also taken about 4 different prophylaxis and none of them work for me.

I am however, trying to spred the word though, I read a book recently by an American neurologist who has managed to get rid of his migraines and has helped 1'000s more.

I have suffered for over 40 years and get about 10-12 attacks a month.  I have had 3 attacks in the last 5 weeks following his recommendations.

It's a bit drastic but if it works does it really matter??  I have gone on a gluten free, chocolate free, alcohol free, low sugar and low carb diet and it seems to be doing the trick.  Not sure what element of the diet is helping, but I suspect it's the wheat.

Lost nearly a stone aswell which is a bonus biggrin.

If you want the details of the book PM me.

• Posted

Hi there

Thanks so much for responding. Yes please could you send me details of the book. Sounds very interesting.

As I am sure you will agree, anything is worth a try, I feel my life is on hold recently!

Chris

• Posted

Hi - i have seen a huge improvement after starting candesartan about a year ago now.

I was getting a migraine nearly every day and am down to a couple a month now.

It took a good few months to build up the dose to 8mg morning and night.

I also take triptans.

Bear with it and good luck.

• Posted

Hi Carole

Thanks so much for getting back to me, this is very encouraging.

I have been getting them every day for three weeks, disheartening to say the least. I will persevere!!

Chris

• Posted

Hi Chris

I've been taking Candestarten for over a year, has definitly helped although i still suffer daily (rebound) the pain has reduced, and helped me reduce my triptans.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.