cannabis addiction

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 28 year old male that as smoked cannabis on an of for pretty much 13/14 years the last 6 bein skunk and every single day am on day 4 and have not smoked a single bit last night I had a really good sleep for the first time in 3 nights I feel so much more alert and like I can take anything on and conquer it weras before I was woried about my next bong I can honestly say I will never smoke again it ruined my life and cost me thousands and thousands ov pounds ov my wages over the years av also just woke up and realised am hungry haha anybody now how long till am fully clean please with bein a heavy smoker am prob 6ft3 and just under 13st thankyou for reading peter

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Congratulations, Well done!  I don't know about getting cannabis and skunk out of your system, but I do know about smoking.  I gave up about a years ago, then went back then stopped again 6 weeks ago.  I think it only takes about 3 days to get nicotine out of your system, the rest of it is psychological and positive thinking helps. At least noticing negative thoughts and actively counteracting them with positive ones.  I've been a smoker forr 40 years, so I now it's not easy.

I would say you are free, it sounds like you've really made up your mind, with cigarette smoking it was only once I'd really made up  my mind and became determined that it became quite easy.  Maybe take lots of supplements.  And once again congratulations.biggrin

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply it isnt easy 1 bit but I feel like this time I will succeed I have support this time and this 2 look forward 2 (holiday with girlfreind and baby) and I dont want to ruin it by being a moody horrible person because I cant get cannabis am in control that drug dosent control me haha and I also find writing and talking about it helps me and makes me more determined to succeed thankyoy titabeth
  • Posted

Hi, really well done. I think a positive mind really helps, I don't know an awful lot

about withdrawal from cannabis, but most addictions are more successful when

your mind is made up, and seeing as you feel so much better is a good start.

i really beleive in trying to think positive and sometimes mindfulness and meditation

are really helpful, maybe you could check some sites as to how long cannabis

withdrawal is, also posting on here really helps you get to hear lots of other people's 

withdrawal experiences and also recieve lots of encouragement, sounds like you have some really good support. Keep strong good luck. Ann 

• Posted

Thankyou ann it hard 2day as it sataday and im not in work so just keeping busy and trying 2 swap cravings for positive thoughts hard but seems 2 b working up 2 now it all in the head haha I can do this smile
  • Posted

Hi, it good your coping, try to change what or where you would normally be.

it works well if you can do different things and go to places or things you dont

associate with cannabis.

i think you are doing so well, just take one day at a time and it will soon be something in your past.

keep strong. Ann

• Posted

I no what you mean try different things it sounds mad but av bin going jogging well bin twice haha and find that it helps me sleep it just 2day am finding a bit hard it the first sataday avnt smoked am keeping busy tho just washed car and took baby out for day soon b bed time haha thanks for support ann means a lot peter x
  • Posted

Hi, just try and keep busy, it really helps, sounds like your doing all the right things.

exercise will help with sleep, as a lot of people with withdrawal struggle with sleep.

just keep going just take each day as it comes, you are doing so well.

i will send positive thoughts to you keep strong, sounds like you have a good future

with your baby and partner. Good luck Ann 

• Posted

Any1 gt any idea how long this insomnia is going 2 last am at 1 week no weed but had hardly no sleep in a week makin work dangerous (roofer) so close 2 smoking just for sleep but really dont want 2
  • Posted

Hi, I'm not sure with cannabis but with most withdrawals the lack of sleep is hard.

i myself try to get out as much as possible to help, but as your busy working outside

thats not the answer for you. It does pass my sleeping improved after a couple of

weeks. I do try to make sure I go to bed at the same time after a bath and maybe 

not have any caffeine in the evening I also practice meditation, it's just a case of

concentrating on your body and deep breathing it really helps me. Stops lots of

negative thoughts taking over. You have done so well, try not to give up it will get

better, also try not to go to bed thinking will I get some sleep.

its hard I know keep strong I will be sending positive thoughts to you.

stay well and strong Ann 

• Posted

Thanks ann I need some positive thoughts the lack of sleep is killin me feel absolutely fuked works tires me out but I still cant sleep another freind on here sugested nytol so think am gna try that it weird av gt no cravings good appertite just need SLEEP ha peter
  • Posted

Hi, yes that sounds like a good idea, I've also heard you can get melatonin tabs

they are quite natural I would ask the pharmasists if I were you.

glad your feeling so positive, keep posting so we know how your doing.

stay well Ann

• Posted

Day 7 done wink
    • Posted

Well done mate! How's the sleep going? Think of the money you're saving!
    • Posted

I was gna hold of on sleep tablets an that m8 an I had a decent sleep last nite wid sum vivid dreams haha an thats exactly what am doin edd dis friday my first full wage since I dont no when ha its all gting put away for holiday spends
    • Posted

Hi, hope all is going well for you.

havent heard from you for awhile, I'm hoping everything is getting better and each day is easier. Take care Ann 

• Posted

Hiya ann all is good thankyou very good infact 16 days of it dont think I wud ever go back now I no am in control of it even iv the worst ever did happen I no I dont NEED it like I was thinking in the past tbh I dont even think about it that much anymore thanks for checking in on me I will keep you informed ha peter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.