Skip to content

Substance Misuse

New discussion Join group Also known as Amfetamine Abuse, Buprenorphine for addiction treatment, Cannabis Dependence, Cocaine Addiction, Drug Dependence, Heroin Dependence, Legal Highs, Lofexidine, Methadone, Naltrexone, Suboxone, Subutex

All discussions in this group

Next
  • torrie4matt 1

can a doctor in the uk prescribe subutex or suboxone?

hey, i'm 21, not proud of it, but i am an addict. im addicted to pain meds and have been since i was 16 years old. for the past 8 months i've been doing everything i can think of to try and get 'clean' on my own and with the help of some family and friends as i was too embarrased to tell other

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

Methadone

I was prescribed Methadone in 1990 in Coventry and received my free doses from a pharmacy for 2 years which help me to finish my studies and HND diploma. Then I came back where I yet to live, Istanbul. Since I came here there is no methodone or such treatment in this Country. So I struggled with

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • bob01849 1
  • louise18971 2

Precipitated withdrawal

Took 4mg subutex and went into full blown rattle so scared of this and changing to methadone tomorrow as i cannot take withdrawals is this the right thing to do

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • laurie03887 1

Living with s herion addict

I would be grateful if somone could help in some sort of way .. i met a lad a couple of years ago and to be honest he was on a methadone programme on consume and still is ... before xmas he was carryin hes coat around every were and one day he left it so of course i was suspicous and i went in hes

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • toni49524 1

Finally off Sertraline!!! There is hope.

Just thought I'd share my story since I used this site a lot to get reinforcement of some of the things I went through with this medication. I was put on Zoloft about two years ago exactly and what started my anxiety, I have no idea! I just remember going to a chiropractor to have my neck checked

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • elie24 1
  • 2chr2015 5

What is first step to get help

My son is addicted to cocaine. If he will agree to get help, what is our first step? Do I take him to a doctor? He has insurance. I think there is an outpatient drug place in town. I just don't know how to get the ball rolling. Thank you

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • pam34048 4

The dr prescribed me tramadol

from what I have read this is an opioid, he gave me 20 100 mg tablets,  I have never taken a pain killer,  I took one of these and still have the chest pain, lol even still had period cramps just feel a bit buzzed.  Like having a drink,  should I just take these bake to the pharmacy.  I really don'

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Tez22 2

How do I get off subutex

I was prescribed subutex 11 years ago for a 400mg codeine addiction I'm sure I shouldn't have been prescribed this especially without being told about the side effects I was prescribed 8mg and over 8 years weaned down got to 2.8mg and went for a 2 week detox omg the horrific symptoms that followed

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jack71893 1
  • pam34048 4

Methadone pain patch

i have copd and get really bad chest pains.  I have to hold my chest before I caugh.  Anyways I have suffered with this for nine months..  I think I have only gone half a day without pain and I could actually smile.  I never have asked for pain medication before I am 50 anyways how do I go about

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Broncooobabe17 2
  • vyvyan 97383 1

Robotrippers? Anyone?

I am looking to hear from anyone who trips on or has previously tripped on DXM frequently. It's rather embarrassing for me to bring up now, but a decade ago I used to trip HARD. Pretty much every day for an entire year plus more. There is a very small amount of research done on the long

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • intreatmnt 2

Titration in Methadone Treatment:Pros & Cons

For those of us on Methadone maintenance, I believe unless we have ongoing chronic pain or health issues etc that we need to keep in mind that 'titration' or slowly becoming drug-free is an essential part of the program or should be you the type of addict who would like to stay on the

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • danielle30102 1

Codeine OTC

I have been addicted to codeine realistically about 2 years (buying over the counter codeine products for nearly a year). Started taking 30/500 solpadol once a day back in 2014/15 then took it once ever other day for abit, started when I was experencing a lot of discomfort in my legs from long

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • PerfectCircles 2

NHS prescription for Selincro

I'm looking for information about obtaining the prescription for Selincro from NHS doctor. Do you get your prescription on your first consultation or is there a process you have to go through? Also, will one have to attend counselling? I'm considering making an appointment, but I'm a little bit

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • ldm2016 1

Confide in GP or not.... personnally I never would......

personally would never confide in my GP as its then always on your medical records. The GP is not duty bound in confidentialy.. Doctors are obliged to give this it to social workers, health social care jobs and also if you want to just volunteer!  ​   A friend who was going on

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • diggory91110 2

I'm 15 and had "brain fog" for about two weeks...

Hi I'm 15 and have been experiencing brain fog for the last two weeks. During the past year I stupidely got in to a sort of "party life" using a LOT of MDMA(monthly use), smoking Cannabis(weekly use) and also drinking. The last time I took MDMA was about 4-5 weeks ago but in a very small quantity

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • philippa25331 1
  • apostoloss 2
  • redfishsteven 1

The cure for heroin addiction

I didnt know where i could share my expierience and make people aware that there is a possible cure to heroin addiction. So i figured i would write a forum and let people find my discussion. About 2 months ago I was put into the hospitol for 2 weeks so i could be treated for a bacteria infection

17 replies 8 votes Last reply
  • holly23811 1

I need to kick out my 30yr old son

Hi I'm in desperate need of advice I'm at my wits end with my son. He has just turned 30 and has been staying with me mostly all his adult life. He has an on going problem with drug taking all sorts if I'm honest going away at weekends coming home wasted clearly on what ever he can take ranging

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tara64175 2

Nurofen Plus (low doses)

Hi, I've been taking Nurofen Plus for awhile now and I've developed a bit of an addiction. It's gone from a couple of pills a day up to about 12 every day. I see in these forums and elsewhere that some people take up to 30/40/50 etc pills per day so I'm certainly not at that level but I'm still

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jewels53 1
  • Dja101 2

Painkiller addiction - can't handle the lies

Hi, when I started dating my partner he had a Valium & painkiller addiction i wasn't aware of. I found out about this and he has stopped taking Valium however the painkiller addiction is extremely bad. We have spoken about it and he had admitted he knows he has a problem and wants me to go with him

16 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • ted46777 3

Bad methadone treatment

Hi all I was just wondering if anyone here has had a bad experience from treating doctors or clinics on methadone? I have read scare stories (admittedly on less reputable websites) about people testing positive and getting their dose reduced from 180 to 100 to 0! I understand all stories are

• 2chr2015 5

Concerned my son is doing cocaine

I have no experience with cocaine abuse. I know he has been smoking marijuana for several years now. He is 26. I heard a rumor a couple of months ago that he was doing cocaine, but my other son assured me it wasn't true. Today I found a small blue baggy that looks like something that would be

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • carrie92844 1
  • Guest M

Methadone Maintenance Treatment

Methadone treatment is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would highly recommend it to anybody addicted to opioids. The staff at the clinic I attend are also amazing and I couldn't have done it without their support and the support of my family.

10 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • jackweds46 2

Mirtazapine withdrawal. 4 weeks today.

Hi all, little bit of background. I have been on many anti-depressants in the last 4 years since a botched op left me in severe non stop daily chronic pain. I haven't adjusted at all well to being jobless/lifeless/in pain and generally watching my world die around me whilst I'm still here to watch

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • nikeyc123 1
  • andyccook 2

Burprenorphine

Hi all, i'm new.  I'm coming off subutex slowly (0.4mg every 2 weeks currently on 7.6mg) and i aint handling it very well.  Is there anything i can take to help with the depression it causes?

• amanda95636 2

Pregnant on bupe

Anyone who is on buprenorphine during pregnancy,I have been there and can offer some advice and support.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • kathleen 02608 2

Cocodomol addiction

Hi there, I'm desperately seeking some help! I have an addiction to cocodomol 30/500mg. It started with a sore back about 3/4 years ago, when I got prescribed these by my GP. To cut a long story short, I have no pain now but pretend I do so I can keep getting the medication. I'm a working mother

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions