I'm on methadone, and think I need my dose increased. Please help with physical & mental effects?:((

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone. so I've been on the methadone program for about 7 years, I'm on 114mg / day and need my dose increased. I'm feeling like s**t, depressed, apathetic, anxiety. I'm just wondering if anyone with experience can help me out with advice? it woukd be greatlyyy appreciated. I just don't have anyone to talk to about this kinda stuff. just want to talk with someone about this etc.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You're feeling like this because you've been on methadone for 7 years...it's burning up all your feel good. I was on it for around ten years and 14 yrs of heroin.

You I need to cut down. It was easy for me as I absolutely hated heroin and everyone and everything to do with it.

I just stopped the gear dead one day.... I waited till I started rattling then took the minimum amount of meth I could to get myself out of the rattle....then wait again and keep doing thi. I went from doing nearly a gram a day to such a small amount of methadone that it was psycological in around a month. Yes I had sleepless nights and rls like you wouldn't believe in my arms too. I used to sit up listening to music and smoking pit to get by on....it slowly got easier and easier but I still felt a bit rattle for a good 9 months after.

Now I'm 4yrs 8 months clean and life's so easy compared to the existence I had beforehand.

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply. and ya.. 7 years is a long time I hate that I'm on this. it reallyyyy scares me. I was able to see a doc today and he put me up by 4mg that I'm starting tmrw or Thursday. do you think that the 4mg extra will help me feel better? I hope so. I was hoping to go up by 10mg but doc said it was dangerous and just did the 4 for nkw. do u think it will help?..

• Posted

And congratulations on being completely clean from it. I didn't use heroin but I sniffed the pills. I shouldn't of even went on this program I should of buckled up n stuck it out for a bit coz I'll be ten times worse coming off methadone unno. anyways that's really cool that you got off it like that. feel free to reply back as I really enjoy talking with others about this.

• Posted

Hello Kelly,

A wee suggestion, have you had your bloods checked for iron levels. I've been on a very very slow taper from a 120mg start point in 2005, down to 55mg right now. Its taken me 14 years to roughly half my dose. For a few years I felt all the same symptoms as you do, told my doc that i was concerned about my numb feet, a blood test was done, and lo and behold i was extremely low in B12 and folic acid. I was given B12 injections and now I'm currently on B12 and folic acid pills. Its been 6 months now since....and slowly I began to feel better than i was in my late 30's...im 54 now!! My feet still feel numbish, that'll be smoking I reckon!!

• Edited

my 26 yr old daughter started methadone 5 weeks ago she started on 30ml and after 3 weeks she needed more she is on 40 now but she still taking pregabs and ADHD tablets Im so upset with her and she has promised to stop the end of june good luck with your journey

• Posted

Kelly, I have a drug problem myself. One that started when I was diagnosed with scoliosis at age 54.

I have been offered sub ozone to get off and methadone.

I have no clue what methadone is or how it works.

Could you please tell me?

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.