Finally subutex free again

Posted , 2 users are following.

after being on subutex for a total of probally 10 years due too a codeine addiction and boy did i wish i had researched subutex before i had it prescribed ,3 medical detoxes 3 relapses i finally had it .i stopped the subutex at 4mg and with the help of pregabalin a week in bed and hey still alive .Any advice please for the black cloud of hideous depression im under already on highest dose of antidepressants and please not go for a walk a day i do this i have a dog.Im considering ect treatment and wondered if anyone had any experience with this ,also any advice on how to survive paws would beexyremely grateful

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi tez

i was on methadone for 8 years and have been clean for 2+ years now.....the depression comes part and parcel with opiate cestation and i suffered severe depression/ocd/anxiety for nigh on 18 months and was in a dark place wanting to sleep all the time and unable to get up in the morning ...

however i bit the bullet and was prescribed sertaline from my doctor .... first 3 months was pretty tough with increased anxiety and ocd .. however slowly ( around the 13th week ) i noticed a change in the way i was thinking and my anxiety became less problematic

as i speak i feel great and get moments were i have the most intense feelings of happiness ....which are far nicer feelings than any opiate gave me

in a nutshell im feeling the way i was prior to becoming addicted to methadone ... and life is great

however this has took nearlly 5 months to get to this stage .... you need to be patient and "ride the storm" as i say ..... there is light and normal life at the end of the tunnel and i hope you can find it

the reason opiates cause depression and anxiety is that after withdrawl your seretonin and dopamine levels are very low and many receptors have been changed due to the lack of opiates .... sertaline ( and other antidepressants ) re-program the brain and brings receptors back online ... think of it like a computer reboot and opiates as a computer virus ... the reboot makes the brain normal again

in summary you need to find the ssri (selective seretonin reuptake inhibitors ) that suits you .. it may be fluoxetine ( prozac ) or sertaline ........ but these do work ... it just takes time

keep me posted on your progress

best wishes tez

brian

• Posted

hi and thankyou so much for taking the time to tell me this ,those symptoms are me in a nutshells and im really really struggling.i just have lost all motivation and want to stay in bed all day ,and just cant concentrate on anything ,im socislly isolated my one best friend i cant even face seeing ,i mansge to drag mysel up to get up with my son for school go back to bed and get up when he is home ,i geel a crap mum although ihave a smashing son i love him so much his the reason i am still alive.my father is very very unwell at the moment causing extra sadness and the urge to relapse just so i can be some help to him is so strong, i was already on the highest dose of seroxat whilst on subutex so they arent working ,i saw my gp tofay have been prescribed mirtazipine ,and also referred to the mental health service yet again,i am considering having ect as i am that desperate as they said it blasts your neurotransmitter s and reboots the brain i really want to give this a try i really hope they will let me have it as feel its my only hope ,i have been through every antidepressants under the sun over the years the only thing that made me feel normal was codeine its like i cant function without it ,you have done so so well a huge congratulations im ptetty sute methadone was harder to come off than subutex i so wish i had never been prescribed the dam stuff i had no idea what it was when they put me on a 8,mg dose for a 32 nurofenplus a day habit i went off my head for several years had no idea what i was doing omg i was a nightmate i causef my loved ones such disyress am eaten up with guilt always will be ,i also becane addicted to zopiclone was on 10 a night that was hell on earth coming down from that and still on 1 a night .I am suffering from the most horrific night terrors they are so vivid i am convinced the dteams ate actually happened and ofyen wake up shouting and swraring they ate so vividI so wish i had a partner to help me through this the loliness is also soul destroying ,im 49 and what a mess ,sio i start the mirtazipine tonight whilst i await my mental health asessment but i really tgink i need the ect im on so many prescribed pills seroxat pregablin diazepam zipiclone and bow another one .please excuse my spelling its ny keyboard ,let me know of any tios i kbow i sgould be exercing i do manage to walk my dog my apetite is awfyl can go days without eating i just cabt function ny gp says im excaggeting sorry ive rambled on i have noone else to talk too ,i loved your story it has given me hope im sending you the biggest thankyou ever x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.