Worried mum

Posted , 5 users are following.

my 26 yr ol daughter has been on heroine, crack cocaine, opiates of all kinds since she was 19.

I threatened to kick her out unless she got help. So, she has done really well and started methadone 5 weeks ago.

I realise how hard it is but after 3 weeks on methadone, i find out she is taking pregablin and ADHD meds.

ive argued with her about it and she promises to give that up end of month. I will give her benefit of the doubt until that day.

I really want her to leave my house, she refuses. my life is hell, i lost my husband 16 months ago and find her hard to handle on my own. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi kim9793

I noticed your post was from awhile back, how did everything turn out? How is your daughter? Just wondering if things got better, I am a worried mom also. I have a 24 yr old daughter who is dealing with Meth Psychosis. Not only do we deal with the addiction, we have to address her psychosis and the reason behind that. I was hoping your situation turned out well.

• Posted

see this is somewhat old. but coming from someone (me) who started drugs at 15 and just quit 6 months ago im 18 now. i understamd how hard it is for the ones around the substance abuser. i used to do meth,crack and adhd meds (aderall,concerta) a reason why she could have started those pills is because most adhd meds give the same high and effect as meth does. as hard as it is to do hard love is the best ootion. my parents did that at first i thought it was cause they didnt care but once my addiction became life threating and all i wanted was my family i quit drugs. i was homless doind meth. my parents kicked mw out it took me two years to fully quit and dedicate myself to it. but sadly a lot of crack,herion, and meth users nevwr get clean and will tend to relapse amd start all over... and her saying she will quit is munipulation i ised to do the same thing. id promise to get sober just so i woudnt loose things. and having herthere isnt gonna get her to quit shes just gonna keep doing it cause you keep letting her stay wven tho shes aware that you know her drug history. at the time i hatedmy mom and dad for kicking me out and leaving me outof the family but it took me to hitting rock bottom when i was on meth to realize thats not wjat i wmated anymore and thats what got me to quit. hope yhat helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.