Constant pain in collar bone area that spreads to my head

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having this pain that started in my right shoulder for around 8 months now. it bothers me constantly but is worse when I lay down at night. I am a former addict and used to use needles. I am afraid that I may have been accidentally shooting into an artery and damaged it. I have been clean for a year but I am afraid that my past is coming back to haunt me. The pain moves around my body. It will start in my shoulder and move to my other shoulder, to my neck, back, eyes, ears, legs. It is a searing pain. I just don't know what to do. I even lost feeling of my hands for two weeks. My doctor just won't listen to me. I am only 32 but this is really starting to scare me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

you've probably been told this already but keep hassling the doctors, heart problems tend to be on the left side but that doesnt necessarily rule it out, the loss of feeling in your hands sounds neurological, which can be brought on by anxiety so if you're really worrying about this pain you could well be making other symptoms occur . unfortunately it is often necessary these days to really cause a fuss to get taken notice of. my friend fell down some stairs and was in a lot of pain and could barely walk, she had to go several times before they agreed to do an MRI, it turned out she had crushed her spinal cord. she's in a wheelchair now but it makes you wonder if something could have been done if they had treated her sooner. i hope you get some help soon x

• Posted

Hi, I'm not medically trained but if its a burning searing pain that's not caused by any obvious damage to the area I'd agree it sounds like neurological pain, so you need an MRI to see if it being caused by damage to your spine and you should ask to be referred for one. It might take ages to get one but don't give up. Also don't worry about your past, it could be completely unrelated.

• Posted

i feel for you. drs are literally leaving me to die so it doesn't surprise me what you're saying. i also have pain that comes and goes and does weird things from a hiatus hernia. i have nothing left as drs won't help. i meditate. it's a habit you have to get into. do it daily for about an hour, do at least a month it will DEFINITELY make things more bearable if not cure. i really hope your pain goes once you settle your body down more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.