Is learning about how addiction works helpful for an addict?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Would learning about how addiction works on a psychological level increase the chances of an addict overcoming their addiction?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Whicee,

That would probably depend on what the addiction is. Im going through my daughter's meth addiction and its put her into a psychosis. Such a nightmare...for us both. But shes in such denial about the dangers of meth, her using and how its affecting her brain. I researched the heck out of it and it helped me to understand what shes going thru and most importantly how to communicate with her. I would think that if anyone reads up on their addiction, it would open their eyes. The problem is getting them to look it up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.