Klonopin Withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 72 year old Female....Due to my ignorance and doctors prescriptions, I have been addicted to Klonopin for way too many years.. Is there any time schedule for withdrawing from 2mg down to 1 mg. daily of Klonopin? I am down to 3/4mg from 1mg.

I have been on as high as 8mg, but prescription has been reduced to 2mg for over 2 years. Its been over 2 months now at 1mg and now at 3/4mg for the past 2 weeks.

I have seen some positive signs, but, and I know its individual, is there a time schedule going from 3/4mg to 1/2mg to 1/4 to totally 0mg?

I still have that "crawling" feeling throughout my body.. I know it could take months, but any positive encouragement from anyone at my age going through a similair withdrawal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

As for klonopin we call then Diazepam here in the UK , you need to be very careful and i would advise a small amount of the tablet each time and i mean like break it into quarters and then break the quarters in half and thats the bit you need to lose each time you decide to come down more and give yourself at least 2 wks in between every bit you decide to come down you also need to be careful of having fits thats a well known thing with them as well, don't be afraid to talk to your doctor and tell him/her how your feeling as long as your wanting to detox he/she won't bother how you do it as long as your doing it and once they see and realise your serious i am sure they'll help you however they can but I'd definitely be going seeing my doctor or the nurse at said doctors surgery each week to have your observations checked, as in your saturation for oxygen and blood pressure etc those are important but otherwise as long as you don't try to much to soon you will be OK and if I was you I'd get it done because at some point your going to get sick and die and my biggest fear would be that i was dying and really sick anyways and the hospital or doctors would screw up your Klonopin prescription in someway and that would make it different as in very bad experience altogether, i don't suppose dying is ever good but can u even imagine at a time like that and this could make it so much worse....break free why you have chance and are still in full control is my advice.

Goodluck 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.