Starting Espranor (Buprenorhine) treatment

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All

I've posted on here before about my ongoing struggle with Prescription Opiate addiction.

I have quit and relapsed so many times I've lost count. I am currently abusing Codeine, Dihydrocodeine and Tramadol and its getting worse and worse. I've also been hiding it from my wife again, which I don't know why I do as she can tell I am using and I lie to her face and say "No i am not".

So it all came to head a few weeks back and she says "you need help", so I went back to CGL and registered with them. This time it was much quicker and I have just seen their Doctor who has put me on an Espranor(Buprenorphine) treatment plan which I will start on Friday morning.

I am to stop taking opiates tomorrow so i go at least 24hrs into withdrawals so I don't go into precipitated withdrawal, which is unbelievably nasty so I've read.

Not looking forward to the experiencing withdrawals but I think there is now some light at the end of tunnel for this, finally.

I have tried all sorts to stop using but nothing seemed to work and I would just relapse, so this is really the last option I think apart from going into rehab for 28 days which I can not afford. (its like £10k !!!).

At first the Doctor wasn't sure if buprenorphine would be suited for me but by the time I'd explained everything I do he changed his mind and agreed it was the best option.

So I start on 4mg daily and see how it goes, if thats not enough then he will up it to 8mg Daily.

When I left the appt I felt a wave of relief, that something had changed and I dont have to drive around 10 pharmacies a day buying pills and cough linctus. I allso buy them online which costs a fortune and you never know what your getting....

So I'm hoping that this will the start of a new page for me and my family and that we can start rebuilding what I have destroyed over the past 7 years.

Trent

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.