Cannabis Allergy ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have several mild chronic conditions that I have had great success in controlling with Cannabis and with my Dr's blessing.

I have mildly high blood pressure that I have ACE meds for, but Cannabis drops my BP from 150s/high 90s to 120s over low 80s., it works not just when I'm 'high' but then next day too (I take it at night time).I have IBD (UC) and Cannabis works as well as the prescription meds without the side effects. My IBD went into remission from 9 months of Cannabis use.I also suffer from terrible migraines and Cannabis reduces them to pretty much never. It also gives me a great nights sleep and makes me want to play guitar sometimes !So it's a real benefit for me.

The problem is I think I am allergic to it. Initially I was vaping the flower of the plant and it would always catch in my throat and leave me with a slight urge to cough but not enough so I would need to coughvery much. It also made me itchy ... I thought it was due to it being on my hands ... I would get itchy hair, itchy ears and eyes. But I do get that during high pollen times too.Then I started on Cannabis full extract oil orally thinking its better than vaping it. To my surprise I still get the feeling in the throat, maybe not as bad, but its there .. I still get a little itchy, not a rash but just an itch here and an itch there.I also get slightly stinging pee when I eat it .. everytime. I have had several test for infection and kidney function and there is nothing wrong.

So the 'pot' forums suggest its not the CBD or THC its the terpenes or chemicals etc. So I got 97% THC oil, that is food grade and tested.Again when I use this I get the same symptoms. It still works btw for all of my medical issues.

So anyway my question is. If I am allergic is there anything I can do ? If I just push ahead might my body stop reacting ? Is it bad for my body to be have a mild allergic response ?

I do have asthma and allergies (Cannabis seems to reduce the asthma) and I do react badly to many drugs, for example I had a full on reaction to an iron infusion once. Dr said I should never have another infusion again ... making it all the more important to keep my IBD under control.

Thanks for any advise.

Steve

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.