Cannabis and Depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

This may be a random question but I have been suffering from depression for around a year and also anxiety and wish to know if anyone who is also suffering has used cannabis before seeking other treatments and if it had any effect on your symptoms good or bad, not even sure if this is appropriate or not for his forum but just thought I would ask, thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Drugs are a depressant and I know from experience, that in the long run pot is not the answer. I tried this and wound up in the hospital. Pot does help anxiety but at the same time it makes depression worse. Thats my own personal experience.
  • Posted

Okay thanks just something i am considering, I used to smoke before and stopped for a year and now I'm just looking for anything to help so that I don't need to go on anti depressants

• Posted

Hi Adam - I can relate to your situation. I used pot for many years and it seemed to help my depressive disorder - until I gave up the pot. I had become very addicted and I realised that it wasn't the answer. I take a medication for my condition and it helps. Also, pot is detrimental for the young to use regularly because until the age of 21 the brain is still developing. Another negative effect is the fact that it is smoked which impacts the lungs.

I would suggest you look at diet, exercise and meditation to keep a drug free control of your depression. If this combination is not working you may have to resort to meds. Cannibis is lovely but will be adictive if used daily.

• Posted

Thanks for the input I am considering all options at the moment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.