Cannabis badtrip chronical consequences

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone ,

I hope i ll be able to find some hope and advices over here . 

I am not a smoker, but 3 years ago i went for a euro trip and i went to Amsterdam , after some coffe shops for smoking weed, i ended up in the night eating a spacecake . i had , i think an overdose on it , my heart was beating fast, i had like some hallucination like i was peeing my self ( but i wasn t ) etc. next day i woke up with his sensation of being half-awake. i ahve this sensation since then . i thought at first it was like a hangover Cannabis induced. but it never left . couple months later i started to have like dizzyness too, but not a realy dizzyness , like i don t see my environmenet  moving or anything , but i feel like the inside of my head is empty , and it got worst at some times in the day. it s very annoying . i thought it was something different from a cannabis consequences so i did several investiations like cerebral MRI and stuff but nothing special was found . 

i feel like  i have a little derealization tho , feeling like if my eyes was 1 inch back the place  where there supposed to be . i mean like there before this badtrip i was perfectly awake and my environement was perfectly seen, but now i feel like there s a kind of distance between me and the environement . 

it s very incapacitatying . i won t be able to hold this far more . 

i went to see a psychiatrist to get some advice , she told it shall pass by the time . and that maybe i could take some antipsychotics for like 10 days.  but i am afraid tho that those antipsychotics turns me into a psychotic patient tho . 

if anyone experienced the same thing as i did . if you managed to get ur life back like it was , or if u working on it , i ll be glad to read your experience and get advices . 

Thank you 

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Weed messed up my life...

That's how panic disorder and anxiety came into my life.. Some people just can't tolerate stimulants... Especially coffee. My anxiety started thru marijuana .. I got help immediately and fortunately I never got the derealization symptoms because I got help immediately. 5 years later I had a panic attack because too much coffee.. And I struggled for a year with anxiety because of drinking coffee ..

It's best to stay away from all stimulants if you have anxiety.. Drugs/energy drinks/sugar/alchohol untill you recover ... Then you can start slowly the sugar and drinks in.. But I would never go back to weed or coffee.. It's just not worth it unless your very careful. I didn't get help this time and derealization hit me hard..

• Posted

hello Heat,

sorry to read that weed hit u too :s 

I hope u searched and found help .

we can only hope that we ll get better and try to live as healty as possible . 

xX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.