Cannabis Oil

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from pain in my lower back, right buttock and down right leg especially when walking or standing plus both my feet are numb/pins and needles. Two years ago I belonged to a walking club averaging 6/7 mile walks, but 18 months ago had to stop due to the pain.

Treatment thus far:

Root Block Injection Feb 2016

Facet Joint injection Apl 2017

Decompression Surgery Dec 2017

Plus various pain killing tablets.

None of the above has made any improvement, and the latest is that I will just have to live with it.

It has been suggested that I try cannabis oil capsules, questions being:

Would this help?

What is the suggested dose?

Are there any side effects?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Roy

I saw that no one had replied to you and, suffering in a rather similar way, I wanted at least to tell you that I know how awful it is and has disabling and how miserable you can feel.  Unfortunately I am unable to help you with the cannabis oil questions.  I live in Melbourne, Australia, and here it has only recently been made allowable for certain medical conditions (not back pain) and even then it seems to be almost impossible to get as decisions about who is going to produce it etc. still seem to be unanswered. I was going to have the root injections a week ago but my spine is so bent (severe scoliosis) and with arthritic spurs that they couldn't do it and instead just gave me an epidural cortisone injection.  Needless to say I see little improvement but it was guesswork to start with as they don't really know where the pain etc. is coming from.  Like you, I have it in the right buttock, also pelvis, with 'creepy crawlies' ('tingling' is such an understatement) all around buttock, hip, groin. I do feel for you and hope you can get some relief. Please let me know if you find some answers.

With best wishes,

Maureen

• Posted

Thank you Maureen for your kind reply and yes it does not seem to have received much response at the moment.

Just thought I would ask the forum as these capsules have been suggested by a friend, who has another friend with similar symptom's to ourselves and he thinks that they are magic.

I have in fact been on these for a week now and not much improvement, but will keep going for the next few weeks and see, I will let you know the results.

I have already been down the road with physio, acupuncture, pain killers and chiro, but all seem to have given up on me.

Take care,

Roy.

• Posted

Hi Roy,

It does nothing for me other than help me get better sleep, but we are all different in our responses to chemicals that effect our pain receptors, and I just so happen to be particularly resistant to most. My adult onset scoliosis started 8 years ago at age 39 and is already at 60 degrees, literally touching my left shoulder blade, and shaving a whole 6 inches from my overall height, naturally all of that mass was redistributing to my waist and is now crushing my lungs in the process (sorry for the drama). This has subsequently resulted in 6 cervical and 5 lumbar discs that have either herniated or completely ruptured and collapsed. I also have neuropathy in my legs and feet which it sounds like you may also. I've been in a constant 5 year battle for disability benefits so in the meantime finding pain relief has been a challenge. I am mixing sublingual drops and vaping 1000mg CBD oil. Like I said, it does help provide quality sleep and has done wonders for my insomnia, but for me at least, it is no magical pain elixir, although the calming affect may take the edge off, I'm still in the uncertainty phase on that one. I haven't heard much about the liquicaps although they would have to pass through the liver, however, I have heard good things about edibles so they will probably be my next attempt. I recommend just trying small orders of many different natural products and seeing what works best. Even though I can't get them right now, even if I had the means I recommend avoiding all opioid or otherwise narcotic pain medications, the risk far outweighs the reward! Gabapentin is not a narcotic and has helped with nerve pain, so if no already, that may be a good discussion to have with your doctor, along with any remedy you may be considering! Good luck and keep us posted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.