Cannabis Skunk Withdrawal, how long will it last ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, Ive been a cannabis smoker for over 25 years now. I started off smoking solid then started smoking strong skunk about 10 years ago, for the last 4 years its all day every day. I gave up just over 3 months ago, then gave up smoking just tobbaco 1 1/2 months ago and have been through all of the withdrawal issues. Im still having trouble sleeping, I get to sleep ok but not quallity sleep just mad dreams until about 3am then cant get back to sleep or if I do for a while I just dream again, this is causing me to be either stressed or depressed all day. Does anybody know how long this lasts ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain on the sleep side am only on day 4 and it horrible I am soo tired but am not giving in it just in r head ha or so were told I was hoping it wudnt last that long but looks like am wrong iv your still strugling after 3 months theres lots of people on here tho hu prob going thru the same so your in the right place keep strong peter
    • Posted

Thanks. Congratulations for giving it up. The first few days are the worst, night sweats, not wanting to eat etc etc. Good luck mate if I can do it anybody can. Let me know how you get on. Good luck, Edy
    • Posted

I will do m8 am only on day 4 but now I no I dont need It like I used 2 think av done it for like half my life so it like sumthin am just used 2 doing I think well I was 3 months m8 you av smashed it there like m8 well done cant wait till am that far will keep you updated how am doing m8 peter
    • Posted

The way I did it was to look at one day at a time. So you think to your self im not going to smoke today, then its not such a big challenge for you, then you do the same the next day. Also drink plenty of water, excercise is good and visit a sauna helps as well. I must admit I did smoke 4 tobacco roll ups a day for the first 6 weeks of giving up as well. Did you smoke alot mate?
    • Posted

I have started jogging just 2 try help me sleep ov a night thats the worst for me lack ov sleep I smoke ciggys tho still but I didnt smoke joints I was a bong man ha I no I need ta quit cigys but go concentrate on this first it varied for me m8 at least a quart a week but somtimes more I dont smoke in work ov a day so I dont no y it so hard ov a night it just cuz I was in the routin home shiwer bong so I guessit just about changin routines ha
    • Posted

Just read, your page post: youre the same as me really mate. I use to do the same: work all day then smoke at night and weekends also use have a joint in the morning before work. Then 2 years ago I started working for my self thats when I started all day every day. THC stores in your muscles so I suppose you just top it up at night etc. You should read the latest info on tests theyve done on skunk lately on the internet, its enough to make anyone want to quit. 
    • Posted

I did have 2 bongs before work then like 4 oclock in the afternoon it wud b all I wud think about getting home and getting smoking I fink iv I didnt work with the bosses son I prob wud ov smoked all day 2 m8 am gna av a look at that info on skunk now m8 it a nasty drug m8 and people hu says it dsnt harm ya avnt gt a clue
  • Posted

it should take about a week maybe less to come off m8 but then the mind games start and that is the worst,If u r determined then i would say a month all in m8 good luck
    • Posted

Hi Robert, Thanks for your reply. I gave up about 3 months ago mate ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.